Courtesy of North University Community Library, 8820 Judicial Drive, 858-581-9637, sandiego.gov/public-library.
Events for Adults/Seniors
- Chess Club, Mondays at 3:00 p.m. Casual public chess meet open to all ages and skill levels.
- Knitters’ Circle, Thursday, September 7 & 21 at 1:00 p.m.All yarn enthusiasts are welcome.
- Small Business Assistance, Wednesday, September 13 & 27 at 11:30 a.m. Dr. Adolpho Sanchez offers help in navigating the process to starting a business. Appointments available by calling the library.
- Job Help Assistance, Wednesday, September 13 & 27 at 3:30 p.m. Dr. Adolpho Sanchez offers help with resume writing and job searching. Appointments available by calling the library.
- Fiction Fanatics Book Club, Saturday, September 9 at 10:00 a.m. Fiction Fanatics will be discussing The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes.
- Guided Meditation, Sundays, September 10 & 17 at 12:30 p.m. 20 minute guided meditation followed by tea.
- Page Turners Book Club, Wednesday, September 13 at 6:00 p.m. Page Turners will be discussing Before the Fall by Noah Hawley.
- A Cup of Creation: Art Classes for Adults, Sunday, September 17 at 1:00 p.m. Each class will utilize a different art technique to inspire the creation of unique pieces. Participants are asked to bring a small sketchbook to class; all other supplies provided.
- Cinema Café, Wednesday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m. Enjoy refreshments while watching and discussing a thought-provoking movie. Please call the library for the month’s selected feature.
Events for Children/Families
- Babies and Books, Mondays & Fridays at 10:00 a.m. This lap-sit storytime will introduce a love for books by using song, movement, rhythm and rhyme. Recommended age: Birth – 2 years.
- Music and Movement, Mondays at 11:00 a.m. at the Nobel Recreation Center. Sing, Dance and Play! Children enjoy songs and movement activities that build motor skills and increase independence.
- LEGO Club, Tuesdays at 3:00 p.m. Make new friends and build amazing creations every week.
- Kids’ Art Studio, Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. A fun art project every week! No registration required. Recommended for grades K-6.
- Preschool Storytime, Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Stories and songs in English promote early literacy skills.
- Fun with French, Thursdays at 11:15 a.m. Explore the French language through song in this bilingual program.
- Yoga Storytime, Monday, September 11 & 25 at 10:30 a.m. Stretch both your body and your mind in this unique program that combines stories, songs and simple yoga poses. Families enjoy healthy fun and bonding. Please bring your own mat.
- STEAM2 Academy, Tuesday, September 12 at 3:00 p.m. This month’s theme is the Science of Fairy Tales
- Sign Language Storytime, Thursday, September 14 at 12 noon. Baby Sign Language Basics author, Monta Z. Briant puts on a super-fun sign language performance for babies through preschoolers. Includes songs, fingerplays, books, fun toys and props, and bubbles!
- Paws to Read, Monday, September 18 at 4:30 p.m. Practice reading out loud to a furry friend! Certified therapy dogs provided by Love on a Leash, San Diego Central Chapter.
To discover programming throughout the San Diego Public Library system, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/news-events
For related posts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/category/library/
Notes: Many thanks to the Friends of the Library for their generous sponsorship. You, too, can be a Friend; ask at the Check Out Desk. Please call the library to confirm any given program and holiday hours. Changes are rare, but may occur.