Courtesy of SANDAG:
In mid-September through mid-October, all of the northbound or all of the southbound lanes of I-5, between the I-805 merge to La Jolla Village Drive, will be temporarily closed overnight on the dates below to prepare for placement of falsework (temporary structures used to support the Gilman Drive bridge until final construction is completed).
NB detours will be available via I-8, SR-52 and La Jolla Village Drive, and southbound detours will be available via I-805. Please anticipate significant traffic delays and follow detour signs. Motorists are encouraged to find alternate routes during these overnight closures.
- Southbound I-5 Closure: September 10 – 14, 9:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. each night
- Southbound I-5 Closure: September 17 – 21, 9:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. each night
- Southbound I-5 Closure: September 24 – 28, 9:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. each night
- Northbound I-5 Closure: October 1 -5, 10:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. each night
- Northbound I-5 Closure: October 8 – 12, 10:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. each night
Construction Staging Begins for Rose Creek Bikeway: To prepare for upcoming bikeway construction and staging, crews will begin clearing and removing vegetation in the general project area in mid-September. Other preparatory work, including removal of trailers at the corner of Mission Bay Drive and Damon Avenue will be scheduled for late August or early September. Major construction work related to the construction of the bikeway will begin in spring 2018.
For more information, visit http://www.keepsandiegomoving.com/Midcoast/midcoast-notices.aspx
For related posts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/category/transportation/