Summer at Standley Park officially began on June 1 with the start of the 2018 Summer Program.
Update: Sully & the Blue Eyed Soul Band (originally scheduled for July 22) has cancelled. The Summer Concerts thanks UC local band Relative Minors and Friends (Classic Rock) with UC Resident Greg Zinser for returning to this year’s Summer Concerts.
Save the date for these upcoming events:
- Friday, June 1: Recreation Center Summer classes begin
- Saturday, June 2: Rookie of the Year – movie begins at dusk, presented by UCLL
- Monday, June 18: Swanson Pool – Summer program begins
- Wednesday, July 4: UC 4th of July Celebration
- Sunday, July 8, 5 – 7 PM: Teaser – Arena Rock with UC resident Rick Kern
- Sunday, July 15, 5 – 7 PM: Rare Form – Local UC band
- Sunday, July 22, 5 – 7 PM: Relative Minors and Friends (Classic Rock) with UC Resident Greg Zinser
- Sunday, July 29, 5 – 7 PM: Rachel Aldous & The Long Road Home – Old time country, bluegrass, folk and western swing
- Saturday, August 4, 2 PM: Banana Split ice cream social event (bring your own banana)
- Sunday, August 5, 5 – 7 PM: Full Strength Funk Band with UC resident Pamela Gallo
- Sunday, August 12, 5 – 7 PM: Siers Brothers – Classic rock
- Sunday, August 19, 5 – 7 PM: Corvelles – Supremes Tribute
- Sunday, August 26, 5 – 7 PM: Forecast – A variety of Jazz styles with UC resident Greg Pardue
- Monday, September 3: Labor Day closure
- Saturday, September 8: The Incredibles – movie begins at dusk, presented by UC Del Sol
For more information about these special events and to download the 2018 Summer Program, visit the Standley Park and Recreation Center at https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/standley; or contact the Recreation Center at 858-552-1652.
Standley Park Recreation Council are volunteers who advise Park and Recreation staff on matters related to programming, events, equipment and improvements. The Recreation Council meets the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 PM at the Recreation Center on Governor Drive. Meetings are open to the public and any adult who is interested in making an impact or has concerns about the neighborhood parks and the recreation center should attend the meetings. Next meeting is Thursday, May 24.
The Standley Park and Recreation Center is located at 3585 Governor Drive, San Diego, CA 92122.
For related posts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/
For more about the 4th of July UC Celebration, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/uc-4th-of-july/
For more about the Summer Concerts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/summer-concerts-in-standley-park/