If you came of age in the 80s and 90s, then you’ll love this band. Relive your youth and be ready to dance all night long! Rare Form is San Diego’s premier cover band, with University City’s own Dan Peña on drums, Dave Baker on bass and vocals, Darren Bayless on keys, guitar and vocals, Doug Harrison on lead guitar, and Mike Elliott on guitar and vocals.
The 2018 Concert Series began Sunday, July 8, and consists of eight concerts featuring a variety of musical styles. The concert committee makes an effort to include many professional bands with local University City residents. All concerts are at Standley Park, 3585 Governor Drive. And, new this year, all concerts are scheduled for Sunday evenings from 5 to 7 PM. Remaining concerts include:
- Sunday, July 15: Rare Form – Alternative rock, new wave with UC resident Dan Pena
- Sunday, July 22: Relative Minors and Friends (Classic Rock) with UC Resident Greg Zinser
- Sunday, July 29: Rachel Aldous & The Long Road Home – Old time country, bluegrass, folk and western swing
- Sunday, August 5: Full Strength Funk Band with UC resident Pamela Gallo
- Sunday, August 12: Siers Brothers – Classic rock
- Sunday, August 19: Corvelles – Supremes Tribute (volunteer recognition night)
- Sunday, August 26: Forecast – A variety of Jazz styles with UC resident Greg Pardue
Bring a lawn chair and blanket, snacks and drinks, and enjoy a lovely (and lively) evening with friends and neighbors in University City. Please note that concerts are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather.
Thank you to Scripps Health for their generous donation to sponsor the 2018 Summer Concerts.
For more information, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/summer-concerts-in-standley-park/