“Check out” these many free programs and events at the University Community Branch Library, 4155 Governor Drive; there’s much more to do at our community libraries than just check out books.
Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Thursday, September 27 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 28 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 29 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Programs for Adults
- Concert: Leonard Patton/Danny Green Quartet uses the familiar as a springboard into a deep pool of originality and improvisation, adding creative twists and turns while maintaining the heritage of the original songs by Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and the Beatles. Wednesday, September 5 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Qi Gong (Chi Gong) is a simple preventative health method of relaxing and harmonizing the body. These gentle exercises are suitable for any age and health condition. Friday, September 7, 14, 21 & 28 @ 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Accordion Club meets the second and fourth Saturday of each month. All are welcome! Saturday, September 8 & 22 @ 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- University City Community Association hosts a community meeting featuring updates from law enforcement, fire-rescue service, legislative and other community leaders. All are welcome. Wednesday, September 12 @ 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- OASIS: Julia Fister will give a presentation on Women Artists: 1960 and Beyond. Thursday, September 20 @ 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- UC Book Club will be discussing Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. Wednesday, September 26 @ 2:00 p.m.
Programs for Children
- Preschool Storytime for Kids; stories, crafts, finger plays and songs. Every Thursday @ 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Storytime with Shahina – Enjoy stories, songs and crafts at this wonderful storytime. Saturday, September 15 @ 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Makerspace Craft Station is available in the Children’s Area with a different craft each week. All week long (Monday – Saturday).
Programming for Tweens/Teens
- Video Game Fridays, Wii gaming with your friends, Get your game on! Every Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
- ThoughtSTEM is back again with coding for kids. First time coders welcome, age 7 and up please. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Tuesday, September 18 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Button Making will be making 1-inch buttons from magazines and printed materials. You can bring in your own print outs to make buttons too! Wednesday, September 19 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Girls Who Code Club for 6th to 12th grade girls to explore coding in a fun and friendly way. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Tuesday, September 25 @ 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Library Holiday Closure
- Monday, September 3 for Labor Day
- Book drops will remain open at all Libraries on holidays.
Courtesy of University Community Branch Library, 4155 Governor Drive, 858-552-1655, www.sandiego.gov/public-library; now open Saturdays from 9:30 AM to 6 PM!
To discover programming throughout the San Diego Public Library system, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/news-events
For related posts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/category/library/
Notes: Many thanks to the Friends of the Library for their generous sponsorship. You, too, can be a Friend; ask at the Check Out Desk. Please call the library to confirm any given program and holiday hours. Changes are rare, but may occur.