For related posts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/category/miramar/
From Diane Ahern, Miramar Community Leaders Forum, July 2018: If you have questions about operations at MCAS Miramar and you are on Twitter, I suggest you follow @3rdmaw, @1stMEF, and @MCASMiramarCA – the Twitter feeds for the third Marine Aircraft Wing, the first Marine Expeditionary Force, and MCAS Miramar. The social media accounts of many organizations are often monitored in real time. For instance, I tweeted a question to @3rdMAW asking about Summer Fury and received a response within a half hour. Summer Fury is scheduled through August 4. Follow University City Community Association @UCCA_SD
MCAS Miramar Operations Department provides world class operational and service support excellence to all tenant organizations in order to facilitate achieving strategic combat readiness and training objectives, as stated on their website.
- Current airfield and flight operations, including questions, noise complaints and other concerns about operations at MCAS Miramar, contact the Operations Duty Officer (ODO) by phone at the time of the incident at 858-577-4277 and provide details about the incident including date, time, location and type of aircraft.
- File noise and operations complaints and concerns electronically by email at email@example.com
- Contact the FAA through email or phone call to the FAA’s San Diego Flight Standards District Office at 7-AWP-SAN-FSDO@faa.gov or 858-502-9882.
- Meet with an FAA representative. Visit their website for more info at https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/san/
- Current photos and news from MCAS Miramar (with links to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and DVIDS), visit https://www.miramar.marines.mil/
- Current press releases from MCAS Miramar, visit https://www.miramar.marines.mil/News/Press-Releases/
- Community Plans & Liaison Office inquiries, contact Kristin Camper at MCAS Miramar 858-577-6609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To file a safety or noise complaint at other area airports, including Montgomery Field, visit http://www.sandiego.gov/airports/noise/.
Miramar Air Show dates September 28-30, 2018. Expect increased air and airfield operations from September 23 through October 1. For more information, visit http://www.miramarairshow.com/. Marine Corps Air Station Miramar invites guests to attend the 2018 MCAS Miramar Air Show honoring 100 years of Women serving in the Marine Corps. (U.S. Marine Corps Video by Lance Cpl. Mark A. Lowe II/Released).
Air Show 2017 pictures courtesy of Ron Belanger: https://ronbelanger.smugmug.com/MCAS-Miramar-Blue-Angels-2017/
April 2017: MCAS Miramar accepting permit applications for Stowe Trail
MCAS Miramar is now accepting applications for permits to access the Stowe Trail, which is now open to those who have received a valid permit. The Stowe Trail parallels the eastern border of MCAS Miramar and is now marked with appropriate signs to facilitate access to the trail by members of the San Diego community who have obtained a valid permit.
Applications for permits must be submitted through the MCAS Miramar Provost Marshal’s Office. A valid permit is required for any person, 10 years of age and older, to legally access the Stowe Trail. This policy applies to active duty (and reserve) service members, retirees and civilians. For more information, including permit information, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/2017/04/27/mcas-miramar-accepting-permit-applications-for-stowe-trail/
2016 Miramar Air Show pics and videos, courtesy of Ron Belanger at http://ronbelanger.smugmug.com/Blue-Angels-Miramar-2016
Welcome to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing. Since October 1, 1997, Marines and Sailors have been living and working aboard the 23,000-acre facility. Miramar’s primary mission is to maintain and operate the facilities and provide services and material to support operations of the 3rd MAW and other tenant organizations. Read about MCAS Miramar history, commands, services and facilities, and recent news releases at http://www.mybaseguide.com/marines/49/mcas_miramar.
General aviation resources:
- DoD Noise Working Group: http://www.denix.osd.mil/dnwg/
- NoiseQuest: http://www.noisequest.psu.edu/
- Airport Data & Contact Information: http://www.faa.gov/airports/airport_safety/airportdata_5010/
- Aircraft Noise Issues: http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/apl/noise_emissions/airport_aircraft_noise_issues/
MCAS Miramar Air Installation Compatible Use Zones (AICUZ) available for review at http://www.miramar.marines.mil/Resources/Encroachment/AICUZ/