Who we are:
University City Community Association (UCCA) is a non-profit (501c4) organization funded through membership dues, which provides and promotes the civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement in University City (a neighborhood of San Diego, CA); and provides a forum where the interests of residents may be expressed and contributions made to the protection of life and property in the community. UCCA is the source for University City News. Our site address is: http://www.universitycitynews.org. Our bylaws are published on this site at http://www.universitycitynews.org/ucca-about-us/
What personal data we collect:
- Contact Us forms – When visitors use the Contact Us forms on the site, we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address to help with spam detection.
- Media – If you upload images to the site through the Contact Us form, avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS).
- Embedded content from other sites – Posts and pages on this site may include embedded content and links to other sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, PayPal, videos, images, articles, etc.). When accessed through UCCA’s site, embedded content from other sites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had accessed the other site directly.
- Email Subscribers – When visitors sign up for automated email notifications on this site, we collect the data shown in the form.
- Opinion Stage – When visitors complete a survey, opinion poll, or take a quiz using the Opinion Stage software, we collect the data shown in the form.
Who we share your data with and how long we retain your data:
- If you use the Contact Us form, your message and its metadata are retained indefinitely. Your contact information and message may be shared with UCCA board members and with persons outside this organization depending on the type of response and follow-up requested.
- Information received through Opinion Stage may be shared with UCCA board members and with persons outside this organization depending on the type of response and follow-up requested.
- Names and email addresses received through the Email Subscribers form require a double-opt-in feature for activation and are stored as long as the subscription is active.
Newsletter and online content:
- Information submitted to the editor and to UCCA board members for UCCA’s University City print newsletter and for online content is published on pages and posts on this site and may contain names and email addresses and other identifying personal information depending on the content submitted.
- Names, email addresses and other personal information that are printed and/or posted are stored indefinitely on pages and posts on this site.
- UCCA receives information and advertising from a variety of sources. UCCA cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy of the information or the complete absence of errors and/or omissions, nor does UCCA assume responsibility for the same.
- Publication does not constitute an endorsement.
- UCCA encourages readers to submit corrections when/if errors in publication occur.
What rights you have over your data:
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- To protect your data, UCCA limits the number of officers who have administrative rights to the site and is using current WordPress software. In addition, this site disguises its admin login URL.
- UCCA does not sell data collected through this site.
- This site uses Google Analytics to track and report site traffic. UCCA regularly monitors its Google Analytics data for signs of potential security issues.
- Messages received through the Contact Us form are checked through a Captcha spam detection system.
- UCCA’s list of officers, board members and contact information is available at http://www.universitycitynews.org/ucca-about-us/
- Additional contact information is available at http://www.universitycitynews.org/contact-us-or-volunteer-in-uc/
Note: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new personal data protection law in the European Union which comes into force in May 2018. The aim of the GDPR is to give citizens of the EU control over their personal data and change the approach of organizations across the world towards data privacy. Even non EU-based WordPress sites and businesses are affected. For more information from WordPress about GDPR compliance, visit https://wordpress.org/news/2018/04/gdpr-compliance-tools-in-wordpress/