About Us: As described in our by laws, University City Community Association (UCCA) is a non-profit (501c4) organization funded through membership dues, which provides and promotes the civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement in University City (a neighborhood of San Diego, CA); and provides a forum where the interests of residents may be expressed and contributions made to the protection of life and property in the community. UCCA is the source for University City News.
- Establish terms of office for elected officers (2 years) and term limits for the president (2 consecutive terms)
- Add the ex officio status on all committees for the vice president role
- Add that no committee member nor elected officer may financially bind the corporation without a 2/3 majority vote
- Define membership eligibility to include any family, individual, or business
- Establish that only residents of University City may hold elected office
- Establish that only member residents, property owners, or business owners and/or operators in University City may vote in elections for officers
UCCA’s Articles of Incorporation: Amended articles of incorporation as of September 2003
Request for Funding and/or Donation Request:
- Worthwhile member individuals or organizations may request funding from UCCA by completing and submitting a Request for Funding form and making a verbal presentation at a UCCA meeting.
- A verbal Request for Funding must be made during the open forum section UCCA’s monthly meetings.
- The Request for Funding form must be received at least 7 days prior to the verbal request.
2018 UCCA Board Members
Executive Board (elected November 2017 with 2 year term)
- President: Barry Bernstein, email@example.com, 858-453-3713
- Vice-President (interim): Mack Langston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Deanna Ratnikova, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Don Hotz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beautification: Merle Langston, Chair, email@example.com; and Barbara Gellman, Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corresponding Secretary: OPEN
- Holiday Tree Lighting Coordinator: Darlene Ventimiglia, email@example.com
- Membership: Hallie Burch, UCCAmembership@gmail.com
- Neighborhood Watch: Barbara Gellman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Chair/Distributor: Don Hotz, email@example.com
- *Newsletter Ads: Terri Day, uccaADS@hotmail.com
- *Newsletter Editor: Jemma Samala, UCCAEditor@gmail.com
- Publicity & Promotion: Diane Ahern, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parliamentarian and Improve UC Rep.: Mack Langston, email@example.com
- Special Events/Banners: Barbara Henshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
UCCA membership dues: Your membership dues help to support many local worthwhile organizations, (i.e. public schools’ fundraising, Standley Park, EdUCate, Neighborhood Watch, lmproveUC, Buy Local) as well as many special projects and activities such as street median beautification, pedestrian and motorist safety, painted electrical boxes and street banners, 4th of July Celebration, summer concerts, December holiday tree lighting, and our monthly newsletter delivered to your south UC home and/or business, libraries and recreation centers.
Monthly meetings: UCCA meets on the second Wednesday, 6-8 PM, at the Community Library on Governor, except in August and December. All are welcome.
Webmaster: email@example.com | Mailing Address: UCCA, 3268 Governor Dr., Box 121, San Diego, CA 92122 | Voice Mail: 858-412-0786
What do Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, ImproveUC and UCCA have in common? They are all ways neighbors can connect with neighbors and the University City community. Create a post, start a conversation, share the news, organize an event, keep in touch, take a look:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/universitycitycommunityassociation
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/UCCA_SD
- Nextdoor – https://nextdoor.com/sandiego/
- ImproveUC – http://improveuc.org/
- UCCA – http://www.universitycitynews.org/