About Us: As described in our by laws, University City Community Association (UCCA) is a non-profit (501c4) organization funded through membership dues, which provides and promotes the civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement in University City (a neighborhood of San Diego, CA); and provides a forum where the interests of residents may be expressed and contributions made to the protection of life and property in the community. UCCA is the source for University City News.
UCCA’s Bylaws: ucca-bylaws-september-2016
UCCA membership dues: Your membership dues help to support many local worthwhile organizations, (i.e. public schools’ fundraising, Standley Park, EdUCate, Neighborhood Watch, lmproveUC, Buy Local) as well as many special projects and activities such as street median beautification, pedestrian and motorist safety, painted electrical boxes and street banners, 4th of July Celebration, summer concerts, December holiday tree lighting, and our monthly newsletter delivered to your south UC home and/or business, libraries and recreation centers.
*Request for Funding and/or Donation Request:
Worthwhile organizations may request funding from UCCA by completing and submitting a Request for Funding form and making a verbal presentation at a UCCA meeting.
A verbal Request for Funding must be made during the open forum section UCCA’s monthly meetings.
The Request for Funding form must be received at least 7 days prior to the verbal request.
Monthly meetings: UCCA meets on the second Wednesday, 6-8 PM, at the Community Library on Governor, except in August and December. All are welcome.
Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mailing Address: UCCA, 3268 Governor Dr., Box 121, San Diego, CA 92122 | Voice Mail: 858-412-0786
2017 UCCA Board Members
- President: Barry Bernstein, email@example.com, 858-453-3713
- Vice-President: Diane Ahern, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Karen Martinez, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Don Hotz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beautification: Merle Langston, Chair, email@example.com; and Barbara Gellman, Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corresponding Secretary: OPEN
- Historian & Holiday Tree Lighting Coordinator: Darlene Ventimiglia, email@example.com
- Membership: Hallie Burch, UCCAmembership@gmail.com
- Neighborhood Watch: Barbara Gellman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Chair/Distributor: Valerie O’Neill, email@example.com
- *Newsletter Ads: Terri Day, uccaADS@hotmail.com
- *Newsletter Editor: Jemma Samala, UCCAEditor@gmail.com
- Publicity & Promotion: Diane Ahern, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parliamentarian and Improve UC Rep.: Mack Langston, email@example.com
- Special Events/Banner: Barbara Henshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
What do Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, ImproveUC and UCCA have in common? They are all ways neighbors can connect with neighbors and the University City community. Create a post, start a conversation, share the news, organize an event, keep in touch, take a look:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/universitycitycommunityassociation
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/UCCA_SD
- Nextdoor – https://nextdoor.com/sandiego/
- ImproveUC – http://improveuc.org/
- UCCA – http://www.universitycitynews.org/