Courtesy of Diane Ahern, MCAS Miramar Community Leaders Forum:
- Monday, January 23, late: Boeing 767 expected to make a late evening departure as part of a deployment. Expect departure between midnight and 1 AM tonight. The flight line/field hours have been extended until 1 AM January 24.
- January 23 – 29: Departures from Miramar will be routed farther north to avoid increased media and civilian aircraft congestion expected for the Farmers Insurance golf tournament at Torrey Pines. University City should experience less noise; Del Mar may experience more noise.
- January 23 – February 4: AWACS aircraft, the large, long-range airborne radar system planes, will departing and arriving at Miramar.
- January 23 – February 3: Field Carrier Landing Practice (FCLPs), also known as touch-and-goes, scheduled periodically; exact times to be determined based on weather and operations. Increased noise expected in University City and in areas to the south of Miramar as pilots practice aircraft carrier landings.
- January 24 – January 31: Civilian pilots with Draken International, flying L-159 and A-4 aircraft, will be training with MCAS Miramar Marine pilots. The L-159 and the A-4 aircraft are both attack jet training aircraft.
For MCAS Miramar flight operations inquiries and/or safety and noise complaints, the Operations Duty Officer (ODO) prefers phone calls, rather than emails, as close to the time of the incident as possible. This allows the staff answering the phones to record and respond immediately.
For airfield issues, inquiries, safety and noise complaints, call the Airfield Operations Duty Officer (ODO) at 858-577-4277.
For more information on MCAS Miramar operations and contacts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/mcas-miramar-operations-information-and-contacts/
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/miramar/