Courtesy of UCPG Chair Chris Nielsen: The September 10 University Community Planning Group (UCPG) features the following information and action items:
- Costa Verde will be giving their first information item on their revised project. The community is interested in forming a new Costa Verde subcommittee. We will address this after this presentation.
- The City will present an information item on the Coastal Rail Trail/Gilman Drive CIP project.
- Public Comment for Non-Agenda Items (3 minute limit).
- City Councilmember Barbara Bry is scheduled to introduce new community rep Justine Murray.
- Chevelle Tate will introduce our new community representative for Toni Atkins office, Miller Saltzman. Chevelle will assume different responsibilities in Sen. Atkins office.
In addition to the above, this month’s agenda includes updates from:
- SANDAG (Mid-Coast Trolley)
- Plan Update Subcommittee
- Planning Department
- MCAS Miramar
- Assemblyman Todd Gloria
- Congressman Scott Peters
- Supervisor Kristin Gaspar
- Capital Improvements
University Community Planning Group (UCPG) meets on Tuesday, September 10, 2019, at 6 PM at the Alexandria Building, 10300 Campus Point Drive, 2nd Floor Conference Room, San Diego, CA 92121. This is the same building as the Green Acre Restaurant in the 2nd floor meeting room above the restaurant. Ample free parking. There is a lobby space outside the meeting room; refreshments provided. All are welcome to arrive early for networking.
The University Community is undergoing a Community Plan Update. The UCPG meeting features a public comment section during which community members can speak directly to the UCPG planning group volunteers about what they would like to see in the new community plan. This is a public meeting so please spread the word and bring a friend.
To view the complete September 10, 2019, University Community Planning Group (UCPG) agenda, please visit https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas