Day and Time Alert!!!!! The last concert of the year is Friday night.
Concert 7 is Friday, August 25, 6 PM – The Legends Show Band– 50’s and 60’s oldies
On Friday, August 26, at 6 PM (warm up starts at 5:30), The Legends Revue will close out the 2017 Summer Concert Series at Standley Park on Governor Drive.
The Legends, with their signature tributes to the early 50’s – 70’s music of Rock ‘n Roll from Tina Turner, Dion, The Supremes, Frank Sinatra, The Marcels and many more with authentic sounds, wigs, costumes, and choreography, are back in University City with wonderful music for this great community event under the stars.
Bring your chairs, food, blankets and the whole family to Standley Park, 3585 Governor Dr. San Diego CA 92122
The Summer Concert Series is sponsored by Scripps Health, University City Community Association (UCCA), and Standley Park Recreation Council.
For more information about the 2016 concert series, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/summer-concerts-in-standley-park/
For more information about the Legends, visit http://www.legendsrevue.com/index.html.
Make a $5 donation, get a free promotional/souvenir T-shirt.
As an added bonus, University City Community Association will have “I Love University City” T-shirts available to demonstrate our community spirit; and to support and promote summer events at Standley Park.
UCCA is asking for a donation of $5 per shirt as a fundraising effort to benefit Standley Park Recreation Council (SPRC) and UCCA. Quantities and sizes are limited and available on a first come, first served basis, only at the remaining Summer Concerts.
University City Standley Park 2017 Summer Concert Series
Summer is just around the corner and so are UC’s annual summer concerts at Standley Park. This year’s series has 8 concerts with a variety of musical styles.
As in recent years, the concert committee has made an effort to include as many professional bands with local UC residents that we know of. Come out and hear your favorites and also check out some of the musical genres you’re not as familiar with.
Every band is one of the best in San Diego at their musical style. Hopefully there’s something for almost everyone. We hope to see you this summer.
- Sunday, July 9, 5 PM – Forecast–Jazz Fusion – with UC Resident Greg Pardue Celebrating Their 40th Anniversary
- Sunday, July 16, 5 PM – Baja Bugs–Beatles Tribute Band
- Sunday, July 23, 5 PM – Rifftide–Classic Rock – with UC Resident Jill Harvey
- Sunday, July 30, 5 PM – Full Strength Funk Band–soul and R&B – with UC Resident Pamela Gallo
- Tuesday, August 1, 5:30 – 7:30 PM – Dance Marathon – fundraiser to benefit SDPD
- Sunday, August 6, 5 PM – Relative Minors and Friends–Classic Rock – with UC Resident Greg Zinser
- Sunday, August 13, 5 PM – Teaser– Arena Rock – with UC Resident Rick Kern
- Friday, August 18, 6 PM – Sully and the Blue Eyed Soul Band–Soul and R&B – with Radio & TV Host Bob “Sully” Sullivan
- Friday, August 25, 6 PM – The Legends Show Band– 50’s and 60’s oldies
All concerts are at Standley Park, 3583 Governor Drive, University City, 92122
All concerts are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather.
- Sunday concerts are from 5 to 7 PM
- Tuesday dance marathon 5:30 PM
- Friday concerts are from 6 to 8 PM
For more information contact the SPRC President and the Concert Committee:
- John Schindel – email@example.com
For related posts, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/
For information about the 2016 Summer Concert Series, visit http://www.universitycitynews.org/2016-summer-concerts-in-standley-park/