About Us: As described in our bylaws, the main purpose of University City Community Association (UCCA) is to provide and promote the civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement of University City; and to provide a forum where the interests of the residents may be expressed and contributions made to the protection of life and property in the community. The purpose is also to bring about civic betterment and social improvements for the community, encouraging a sense of community by organizing events and celebrations, as well as identifying issues or concerns of the population and providing a meeting place to discuss said issues or concerns. UCCA is the source for University City News.
- Bylaws updated November 2018: UCCA Bylaws approved November 2018
- Articles of Incorporation: Amended articles of incorporation as of September 2003
Request for Funding and/or Donation Request:
- Worthwhile member individuals or organizations may request funding from UCCA by completing and submitting a Request for Funding form and making a verbal presentation at a UCCA meeting.
- A verbal Request for Funding must be made during the open forum section UCCA’s monthly meetings.
- The Request for Funding form must be received at least 7 days prior to the verbal request.
UCCA Board Members
Executive Board (elected November 2017 with 2 year term)
- President: Barry Bernstein, firstname.lastname@example.org, 858-453-3713
- Vice-President: Mack Langston, email@example.com
- Secretary: Deanna Ratnikova, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Don Hotz, email@example.com
- Beautification: Merle Langston, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org; Barbara Gellman, Co-Chair, email@example.com
- CASA & Miramar Liaison/Publicity & Promotion/Webmaster: Diane Ahern, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corresponding Secretary & Historian: OPEN
- *Holiday Tree/Menorah Lighting Coordinator: Darlene Ventimiglia, email@example.com
- Membership: Hallie Burch, UCCAmembership@gmail.com
- Neighborhood Watch: Barbara Gellman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Chair/Distributor: Don Hotz, email@example.com
- *Newsletter Ads: Terri Day, uccaADS@hotmail.com
- *Newsletter Editor: Jemma Samala, UCCAEditor@gmail.com
- Parliamentarian/UCCF/SD Coalition: Mack Langston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Barbara Henshaw, email@example.com
- *UCPG UC Community Plan Update Subcommittee Liaison: Katie Rodolico, firstname.lastname@example.org; Alt. – Deanna Ratnikova
UCCA membership dues: Your membership dues help to support many local worthwhile organizations, (i.e. public schools’ fundraising, Standley Park, EdUCate, Neighborhood Watch, lmproveUC, Buy Local) as well as many special projects and activities such as street median beautification, pedestrian and motorist safety, painted electrical boxes and street banners, 4th of July Celebration, summer concerts, December holiday tree lighting, and our monthly newsletter delivered to your south UC home and/or business, libraries and recreation centers.
- Monthly meetings: UCCA meets on the second Wednesday, at the Community Library on Governor, except in August and December. All are welcome to join us at 5:30 PM for networking; formal meeting begins at 6 PM.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: University City Community Association (UCCA), PO Box 22574, San Diego, CA 92122
- Voice Mail: 858-412-0786
- Contact Us: https://www.universitycitynews.org/contact-us-or-volunteer-in-uc/
What do Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, ImproveUC and UCCA have in common? They are all ways neighbors can connect with neighbors and the University City community. Create a post, start a conversation, share the news, organize an event, keep in touch, take a look:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/universitycitycommunityassociation
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/UCCA_SD
- Nextdoor – https://nextdoor.com/sandiego/
- ImproveUC – http://improveuc.org/
- UCCA – https://www.universitycitynews.org/