For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/miramar/
Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for Basing F-35 Squadrons at Miramar in 2020: West Coast Basing of F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter squadrons is expected at MCAS Miramar in 2020. Hanger construction and other preparations are well underway. The F35 will replace the F/A-18 Hornet at Miramar. In 2010, the Department of the Navy, in cooperation the Department of the Air Force, issued an Environment Impact Statement (EIS; also referred to as an Environmental Impact Report EIR) for the West Coast Basing of the F-35B. In 2018, the USMC issued a F-35C Noise Study February 2018 (Continuing Environmental Review Statement) for basing up to two F-35C squadrons in lieu of two F-35B squadrons at MCAS Miramar. For more information and links to the Environmental Impact Statement (EIR), visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/final-environmental-impact-statement-eis-for-basing-f-35-squadrons-at-miramar-in-2020/
MCAS Miramar Operations Department provides world class operational and service support excellence to all tenant organizations in order to facilitate achieving strategic combat readiness and training objectives. Our goal is to maintain meaningful, long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our neighbors and the local community. [As stated on their website.]
- Current airfield and flight operations, including questions, noise complaints and other concerns about operations at MCAS Miramar, contact the Operations Duty Officer (ODO) by phone at the time of the incident at 858-577-4277 and provide details about the incident including date, time, location and type of aircraft.
- File noise and operations complaints and concerns electronically by email at email@example.com
- General inquiries contact Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 858-577-6000
- Capt Matthew ‘Red Bull’ Gregory, Director of Communication, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar: email@example.com or 858-577-7541
- Major Josef Patterson, Director of Communication Strategy and Operations, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I MEF: firstname.lastname@example.org, 858-577-6847
- Community Plans & Liaison Office inquiries, contact Kristin Camper at MCAS Miramar 858-577-6609 or email email@example.com.
- Current photos and news from MCAS Miramar (with links to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and DVIDS), visit https://www.miramar.marines.mil/
- Current press releases from MCAS Miramar, visit https://www.miramar.marines.mil/News/Press-Releases/
- FAA KNKX – MCAS Miramar (Joe Foss Field) Airport. For complete aeronautical information about Miramar MCAS (Joe Foss Field) Airport including flight operations, cautions and warnings. Also includes instrument approach and departure procedures in updated PDF format. Visit https://nfdc.faa.gov/nfdcApps/services/ajv5/airportDisplay.jsp?airportId=knkx
- Contact the FAA through email or phone call to the FAA’s San Diego Flight Standards District Office at 7-AWP-SAN-FSDO@faa.gov or 858-502-9882.
- Meet with an FAA representative. Visit their website for more info at https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/san/
- To file a safety or noise complaint at other area airports, including Montgomery Field, visit http://www.sandiego.gov/airports/noise/.
December 8, 2018: University City Neighbors host Memorial and Tree Dedication to Honor Victims of 2008 Jet Crash. Information posted at https://www.universitycitynews.org/2018/12/09/10-years-later-university-city-neighbors-host-memorial-and-tree-dedication-to-honor-victims-of-jet-crash/
From Diane Ahern, Miramar Community Leaders Forum, July 2018: If you have questions about operations at MCAS Miramar and you are on Twitter, I suggest you follow @3rdmaw, @1stMEF, and @MCASMiramarCA – the Twitter feeds for the third Marine Aircraft Wing, the first Marine Expeditionary Force, and MCAS Miramar. The social media accounts of many organizations are often updated and monitored in real time. Follow University City Community Association @UCCA_SD
Welcome to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing. Since October 1, 1997, Marines and Sailors have been living and working aboard the 23,000-acre facility. Miramar’s primary mission is to maintain and operate the facilities and provide services and material to support operations of the 3rd MAW and other tenant organizations. Read about MCAS Miramar history, commands, services and facilities, and recent news releases at http://www.mybaseguide.com/marines/49/mcas_miramar.
General aviation resources:
- DoD Noise Working Group: http://www.denix.osd.mil/dnwg/
- NoiseQuest: http://www.noisequest.psu.edu/
- Airport Data & Contact Information: http://www.faa.gov/airports/airport_safety/airportdata_5010/
- Aircraft Noise Issues: http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/apl/noise_emissions/airport_aircraft_noise_issues/
MCAS Miramar Air Installation Compatible Use Zones (AICUZ) available for review at http://www.miramar.marines.mil/Resources/Encroachment/AICUZ/