April 1, 2021 through April 30, 2021: The Fire Safe Council is seeking comments, suggestions, and feedback on the First Draft of the University City area Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP).
The CWPP is a blueprint for fire prevention and preparedness at the neighborhood level.
- Draft Community Wildfire Protection Plan available at: FIRST DRAFT – CWPP – University City Fire Safe Council – April 1 2021
- Community Presentation April 2021 available at: FSC Community Presentation CWPP first draft – comment period
Please use the form below to submit your comments, feedback, or suggestions for the draft University City Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP).
Please note: Comments, suggestions, and feedback will be reviewed and considered by the Fire Safe Council when developing its final draft CWPP. The final draft will be reviewed and approved by the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department as well as the County and State Fire Safe Councils. A completed and approved CWPP will enable the University City Fire Safe Council to become eligible for grant funding for fire prevention and preparation activities. The comment, suggestion, feedback period for the draft CWPP is open now through April 30, 2021.
- Background information on Fire Safe Council and CWPP is available at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/fsc-community-wildfire-protection-plan-cwpp-overview-and-maps/
- To learn more about the University City Fire Safe Council, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/fire-safe-council-university-city/
- For information about fire prevention, services, programs, and preparation tips from the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/fire