University City Community Association (UCCA) is a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization funded through membership dues, which provides and promotes the civic, cultural, social, educational and recreational development and improvement in University City (a neighborhood of San Diego, CA); and provides a forum where the interests of residents may be expressed and contributions made to the protection of life and property in the community. As a 501(c)(4) UCCA cannot solicit donations on a tax advantaged basis, UCCA funded the creation of UCCF as their fund raising and project management partner.
- Improve UC (also known as University City Community Foundation or UCCF) was created through the generous support of the University City Community Association (UCCA) to facilitate improvements in University City. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, UCCF will provide a structure within which tax-deductible donations can be made for community projects. With the help of UCCA, UCCF will work to secure funding for projects that fall within its tax-exempt purpose, solicit volunteers for project completion, and keep donors and members of the community informed as to the status of projects, and new opportunities for community improvement.
- University Community Planning Group (UCPG) is the recognized planning group for both south and north University City community areas. It is advisory to the City of San Diego on land use, environmental, circulation, public transit and life safety issues. UCPG does not raise private donations for projects.
- EdUCate! is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to raising supplemental funds for the five public schools in University City.
- University City Little League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to organizing and raising funds for youth baseball in University City.
- The Centurion Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to raising funds to support the University City High School athletic programs, extracurricular and alumni activities.
- UC Del Sol (UCDS) is an ASA-affiliated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to organizing and raising funds for girls fast pitch softball league in University City and surrounding communities.
- The Marcy Park Renovation Project proposes the replacement of lost trees and park benches/tables, renovation of the existing play structure to be limited to 1-5 year-olds, with the addition of a new play area for older children with their own swings and climbing equipment.