From the Redistricting Commission Staff: Thank you for your interest in the City of San Diego Redistricting Commission. The focus of the November 4 Special Meeting is to discuss the map approved by the Redistricting Commission on 10-29-2021 and to approve a Final Preliminary Map and the 2021 Preliminary Redistricting Plan to be submitted to the City Clerk.
The links to the agenda and updated supporting documents for the special meeting of Thursday, November 4 at 5:30 p.m. include:
- Agenda (with information on non-agenda public comment): https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/11.4.2021_agenda_0.pdf
- 2021 Preliminary Redistricting Commission Plan: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/2021_preliminary_redistricting_commission_plan.pdf
- Map Approved by the Redistricting Commission on 10-29-2021: https://portal.sandiego-mapping.org/submission/p6246
- HaystaqDNA’s Report on Approved Map by the Commission on 10-29-2021: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/haystaqdnas_report_on_map_approved_by_the_commission_on_10.29.2021.pdf
- Submit public comment via WebForm: https://portal.sandiego-mapping.org/?commentid=p6246#form
The agenda and supporting documents are also available on the Redistricting Commission website https://www.sandiego.gov/redistricting-commission under the Meetings tab at https://www.sandiego.gov/redistricting-commission/meetings.
- From the San Diego Union Tribune: Volunteers redrawing San Diego’s City Council district boundaries approved a tentative map Friday (10/29/2021) that keeps UC San Diego connected to La Jolla but separates part of University City from both by dividing that neighborhood in half. The volunteer redistricting panel said residents should expect the final tentative map they are scheduled to adopt next Thursday (11/04/2021) to look mostly similar to the map the panel approved Friday (10/29/2021). “I don’t think it’s going to probably vary radically,” said Redistricting Commission Chairman Tom Hebrank, who is the chief author of the map approved Friday. Details at https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/story/2021-10-30/proposed-san-diego-council-boundary-map-chops-university-city-in-half-but-keeps-ucsd-tied-to-la-jolla
- For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/?s=redistricting