Here’s how to email your public comment to all Councilmembers:
- Copy this Agenda Item Number and Meeting Date (you will need it to fill out the form): Item 600 – Short Term Residential Occupancy regulations – Monday, July 16, 2018
- Go to https://www.sandiego.gov/form/agenda-comment-form and enter required information into Agenda Comment Form
- Suggested comments:
- I urge City Council to reject/ vote NO for the Mayors proposal because …
- I urge City Council to amend the Mayor’s proposal to allow only the primary owner, not outside investors, to rent out their homes to guests on a short term vacation rental basis; and to require a minimum three day stay.
- Here’s how I really feel about the mayor’s plan to allow investors to buy homes to be turned into short-term vacation rentals …
Public comments will also be taken at the hearing starting at noon, July 16th. Please attend to show support for our neighborhoods over the commercial interests of mega companies who are lobbying hard to win. SD Council Agenda July 16 2018 ; other City Council agendas available at https://www.sandiego.gov/city-clerk/councilmeetingdocs
City Council will vote Monday, July 16, on the Mayor’s proposed new ordinance regulating short term vacation rentals (STVR), the Mayor calls STRO. Cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Monica all have passed regulations that protect neighborhoods much, much better than the Mayor’s proposal. The Mayor needs only five votes to pass his proposal; and the vote is expected to be very close.
Many neighborhood groups are urging City Council to reject the Mayor’s ordinance or at least amend his proposal to allow only the primary owner, not outside investors, to rent out their homes to guests on a short term vacation rental basis; and to require a minimum three day stay.
For more information and links to the STVR debate visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/coalition-of-town-councils/