Hello University City 92122, it’s March already! Wow, March always seems to bring so much change and this year is no different. Our first change is with the UCCA’s print newsletter University City News. The print version will be available for delivery on Friday, March 4. Meanwhile, you can read and share the PDF version today by clicking on the March University City News cover image or by visiting universitycitynews.org/2022/02/28/march-2022-university-city-news-is-now-online-as-pdf-delivery-begins-at-the-first-weekend-of-march/
🤔 In Case You Missed It: The City of San Diego is conducting a survey to gather public input concerning how the City prioritizes funding & resources for numerous Capital Improvement Program projects. The survey asks: What projects does your community need the most? Bike Lanes? Bridges? Fire Stations? Libraries? Lifeguard Stations? Parks? Police Stations? Recreation/Community Centers? Sewer Pipelines? Sidewalks? Storm Drains? Street Lights? Street Paving? Water Pipelines? 🤔 The deadline is March 7. Complete the online survey here: www.sandiego.gov/PrioritizingCIPSurvey
Save the Date (additional information is available in the print newsletter PDF and posted on our website):
- March 1 – Local libraries have issued their March schedules: take a look at universitycitynews.org/2022/02/27/march-2022-library-news-and-programs-include-in-person-and-online-events-take-a-look/
- March 1 – University City Parks and Recreation Centers issue their Spring Programs guides. Contact your local rec center; visit the City website at sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr
- March 8 – UCPG (Planning Group) holds elections and its monthly meeting.
- Notice on UCCA’s site with Candidate Statements: https://www.universitycitynews.org/2022/03/02/march-2022-ucpg-planning-group-issues-notice-of-elections-and-candidate-statements-ballot-drop-off-locations-available-until-march-7-in-person-voting-only-on-march-8/
- Notice on City UCPG site with ballots: sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- March 9 – UCCA meets via Zoom from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Zoom meeting ID: 88629654086. Additional registration info is available in the print newsletter. When available, the agenda will be posted on UCCA’s website and Facebook.
- March 12 – Coldwell-Bankers’ Shred-Fest – more information in the print newsletter
- March 12 – Fire Safe Council smoke detector give-away and Fire Prevention Day – more information in the print newsletter
- March 12/13 – Daylight Saving Time – change your clocks
- March 15 – Community Plan Update Subcommittee meets via Zoom from 6:00 to 8:00pm. The Subcommittee will discuss the proposed land use scenarios and provide feedback. UCCA urges all to participate in this Zoom webinar. Pre-registration is required and UCCA will post the Zoom registration link on our website and Facebook. For more information, visit planuniversity.org/meetings
- March 24 – Standley Park meetings – to get on the email list for agendas, contact Center Director Roger Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org
UCCA’s University City News website is updated regularly: UCCA gets updates and news from local University City groups and community contributors throughout the month. Take a look at the updates we’ve posted on our University City News at universitycitynews.org/category/university-city-news-ucca/
Read the Newsletter: universitycitynews.org/ucca-newsletter-archives
Check our University City News website for latest news and updates: universitycitynews.org
Have a great month. I hope to see you soon at one of our many community events and meetings. We are University City 92122 and we are more than just a neighborhood.
– Diane Ahern, University City Community Association
- Voice Mail: 858-412-0786
- Email: UniversityCityNews@gmail.com
Please note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many events and meetings have been canceled or moved online using technology such as a Zoom. Please check the UCCA website and your event organizer for the latest information. Stay safe; stay healthy. You received this email as a courtesy from UCCA with an update from UCCA’s University City News website. If you no longer wish to receive email messages from UCCA’s University City News, you may unsubscribe through the link at the bottom of this message. Thanks for keeping in touch and helping to make University City more than just a neighborhood.
- Follow us on the News Break app: https://www.newsbreak.com/@c/519870
- Contact us on UCCA: https://www.universitycitynews.org/contact-us-or-volunteer-in-uc/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/universitycitycommunityassociation/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ucca_sd
- Join UCCA: https://www.universitycitynews.org/join-ucca-today/
To review other recent posts, visit our news feed home page at https://www.universitycitynews.org/