A $500 million expansion of Westfield UTC is under way that by October 2017 will result in a new, larger Nordstrom department store, a five-level parking garage and a transit center adjacent to Genesee Avenue. The 1.1-million-square-foot mall will expand by 395,000 square feet of retail space.
- The Genesee parking lot will be closed for reconstruction through Fall 2016.
- A curbside transit center on Genesee will replace the existing on-mall bus stop.
- A trolley station will be located 50 feet above Genesee and tie into both the mall and parking garage. Elevators will connect the bus stop and the trolley station.
- A parking garage will include a skybridge to the new trolley station above Genesee; and will link directly to the mall.
What do Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, ImproveUC and UCCA have in common? They are all ways neighbors can connect with neighbors and the University City community. Create a post, start a conversation, share the news, organize an event, keep in touch, take a look:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/universitycitycommunityassociation
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/UCCA_SD
- Nextdoor – https://nextdoor.com/sandiego/
- ImproveUC – http://improveuc.org/
- UCCA – https://www.universitycitynews.org/