Get it Done app can be used to report downed trees; in an emergency call 9-1-1


There are very windy conditions in University City and throughout San Diego today and conditions are predicted to continue through the afternoon. Maintain situational awareness and check with the weather service. Keep your mobile devices charged in case of loss of electricity.*

Did you know that you can report downed trees through Get it Done? Of course, in an emergency call 9-1-1. The Get It Done San Diego is the official app for reporting non-emergency problems to the City of San Diego. You can report problems such as trees down and/or blocking the street or sidewalk and connect directly to the City’s work tracking system. If possible, take a photo and upload it from home or while still nearby. Get It Done will automatically update the problem report with information about where the photo was taken. Please download the app at The app is available in both a desktop and mobile version.

*To report downed power lines, contact SDGE at For urgent street-related issues, dial 619-527-7500; for Police Non-Emergencies, dial 619-531-2000; for all emergencies, dial 9-1-1.

Using the Get It Done application, City of San Diego residents may report problems and request services in many categories, including:

  • Trees & Vegetation
    • Blocking street/sidewalk
    • Branch/tree down
    • Dead/unstable
    • Visibility of traffic signs/signals
  • Stormwater & Drains
    • Illegal Discharge
    • Over Irrigation
    • Storm Drain
    • Street Flooded
  • Streets, Sidewalks & Lights
    • All Lights Out
    • Curb
    • Damaged Guardrail
    • Encampment
    • Faded Striping
    • Flashing Red
    • Light on During the Day
    • Light Out
    • Pothole
    • Scooter Issue
    • Sidewalk Repair
    • Signal Facing Wrong Direction
    • Street Light
    • Street Sweeping
    • Timing
    • Traffic Sign
    • Traffic Signal
    • Walk Signal Push Button Upgrade
    • Other street, sidewalk, and light related issue
    • For urgent street-related issues, dial 619-527-7500
    • For Police Non-Emergencies, dial 619-531-2000
    • For emergencies, dial 9-1-1
  • Parking & Vehicle Related Issues
    • 72 Hour Vehicle Violation
    • Oversized Vehicles
    • Zone Issue
  • Trash Collection, Recycling & Graffiti
    • ADA Assisted Collection
    • Additional Container
    • Container Left Out
    • Dead Animal
    • Dumpster Encroaching on Public Right of Way
    • Encampment
    • Graffiti
    • Hazmat Appointment
    • Illegal Dumping
    • Missed Collection. NOTE: Before reporting a missed collection, check the Collection Status to see if there was a delay in your area
    • New Trash Service
    • Replace Damaged Container
    • Trash Collection Services
  • Passport Services
  • Encampment


University City You Know

➡️Please note: Information and advertising items included for publication in our print newsletter or on our websites or shared at our community meetings do not constitute an endorsement by the University City Community Association (UCCA) organization or its board members.⬅️

HomeFacebookJoinInstagramNewsX TwitterEvents