From City of San Diego Communications: The Outreach Committee of the Commission on Police Practices will host a Roundtable Discussion on the Development of the Commission on Police Practices. On Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021, from 2 – 4 p.m. the Commission on Police Practices is hosting a virtual Community Roundtable discussion to gather feedback from the community. Agenda items include:
Welcome, Land Acknowledgement, Goals for Today’s Roundtable, Commitment to Future Community Input
Update on Implementation Ordinance and Requirements of Measure B
Commission Size and Composition
- How to Ensure Diverse Representation of the Community?
- Establish Definition of “Youth” for Potential Youth Seats
Commissioner Application and Selection Process
- Who Serves on the Selection Committee?
- What are the Qualifications for Commissioners?
- Establish Term Length and Term Limits
- What are Reasonable Expectations for Service?
- Establish “Removal for Cause” Guidelines
Community Discussion (Focus on a List of Recommendations)
Summary and Conclusion of Roundtable Series & Next Steps
Check out the agenda at https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/crb-outreach-committee-agenda013021.pdf
You can join the discussion via Zoom at
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/sdpd/