From the City of San Diego: After nearly five years and more than 1 million reports submitted, the City of San Diego is rolling out a major update to the Get It Done mobile app, with a brand-new look and upgraded features. The mobile app upgrade was released late last month and will update automatically on users’ devices – there’s no need to download a new app.
“The Get It Done app gives you a tool to improve our City in the palm of your hand, and now, it’s better than ever,” Mayor Todd Gloria said. “With its latest enhanced features and upgrades like its new Spanish translation, you can more easily report non-emergency issues to make sure the City knows what needs to be fixed and create cleaner, safer neighborhoods for all of us.”
Enhanced features and upgrades include:
- Spanish Language Support: If a customer’s mobile device is set to Spanish, the new mobile app will automatically display in Spanish. Translation links are available on all automatic email responses from the City to our customers. Reports submitted in Spanish will be automatically translated by an electronic translation service to help internal staff interpret details of the report.
- New Home Screen: The new home screen features a sleek design with more user-friendly options and displays articles with City news and information. For first-time app users, new onboarding screens will appear to help walk customers through the reporting process.
- Enhanced Category Selection: Based on customer-provided descriptions and photos, the app will suggest the appropriate category for a new report. More accurate category tags will ensure the right team receives the report and help the City resolve issues more quickly.
- Upload Multiple Photos: The enhanced app will allow customers to upload multiple photos. The previous app version limited uploads to one photo. This will help field crews to better understand the problem reported.
- Confirmation Page: This update includes a new confirmation page for users to review the details of a report before submitting. The page gives users a chance to modify any components of their report prior to sending it to the City. Users will continue to receive confirmation and status update emails after reports are submitted.
- View Submitted Reports: Enhanced mapping means that customers will be able to view more reports from around their neighborhood.
The Get It Done mobile app was initially launched in May 2016 with the capability for users to submit reports on 20 different non-emergency issues. Today, the mobile app supports 56 different report types – including potholes, graffiti and tree maintenance – and has more than 125,000 total downloads and 19,000 average monthly users.
For more information, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/get-it-done