If you live in the University City area of Governor Drive east of Genesee towards Gullstrand, then you already know that construction continues in the area of the former Town Park Villas Golf Course on Gullstrand south of Governor. The older 1960s buildings on the east side an Gullstrand are being demolished and replaced with two and three story apartment buildings similar to what exists today on Governor and Gullstrand. Construction continues at the Avia La Jolla project on Gullstrand St south of Governor.
- October 27, 2016 – Report to the Planning Commission which includes Tentative Maps of the project. Reference: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/pc-16-087_la_jolla_del_tm.pdf
- August 22, 2019 – Application for Storm Water Maintenance Agreement. Reference: https://opendsd.sandiego.gov/Web/Approvals/Details/2345233
- October 31, 2019 – Lot line adjustment on Lots 12/13. Reduce building massing and split buildings Increase dwelling unit count, reduce driveway curb cuts. Increase common area outdoor spaces and various site improvements. Utilize golf course for stormwater purposes. CUP NO. 591417, PTS No 164984. Approved 4 Sept 2018, DSD Staff. Reference: https://opendsd.sandiego.gov/Web/Approvals/Details/2037478
- October 22, 2022 – “Grading and Right of Way Permit for public improvements and grading for a multi family housing development. Work to include water service connection, new drive way, adding and removing trees, relocating existing driveways, relocating street lights.” Reference: https://opendsd.sandiego.gov/Web/Approvals/Details/2332769
Construction stopped for a time between late 2019 and February 2023 when clearing and construction started up again. More information is available from the Development Services Department at: https://opendsd.sandiego.gov/Web/Approvals
- Search Project ID 579402 for information about “lot line adjustment on Lots 12/13” and use “golf course for stormwater purposes”
- Search Project ID 645578 for information about the Storm Water Maintenance agreement and “biofiltration basin to SE of project site”