The date of the Presidential Primary Election is not until March 5, 2024. However, under the California Voter’s Choice Act, every active registered voter in San Diego County will receive a ballot in the mail the week of February 4, 2024. You may verify your registration status and register to vote at: https://registertovote.ca.gov/
According to the San Diego Registrar of Voters, here are your voting options:
- MAIL IT: You can complete your ballot in the comfort of your home and return it through the U.S. Postal Service. Your signature is required on your return envelope for your vote to count.
- DROP IT: Starting Tuesday, February 6, voters have the additional option of dropping off your ballot at any official ballot drop box located around the county.
- VISIT: If you would rather vote in person, that option is available too. Avoid long lines by taking advantage of early in-person voting.
Some Public Libraries will serve as an early voting center March 2- 4 for the Presidential Primary Election in March and will serve as a Polling Place on Election Day, March 5, 2024. Ballots may be dropped off inside the community room on these dates. A permanent ballot box, located outside the public entrance near the parking lot, will be available for ballot drop-off in the weeks leading up to Election Day.
- More information from the Registrar of Voters at: sdvote.com
- More information about City elections at: sandiego.gov/city-clerk/elections/city/2024elections
- See also KPBS Voter Hub: KPBS’ Voter Hub and Guía Electoral (en español) aims to help voters get information on all the races and measure on the ballot this primary election: https://www.kpbs.org/tags/elections