Update 02/14/2024: The Zoom Recording of the Tuesday, February 13, UCPG meeting is now available. The recording captures some of the in-person chatter before the meeting. The UCPG meeting is called to order at approximately 2:40 into the recording. To view the Zoom recording, copy the Passcode; then click on the Zoom recording link and enter the Passcode when prompted.
- Copy this Passcode: 6nxmevz^
- Click on Zoom recording link and enter the Passcode when prompted : https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/TwHqfegNsbgGmc869WPQlNFt1dlDcrquiz2KCWayQ6LXYVtwerx7PK8-CKZdHvMt.BAnsmu7YWagami3_
The University Community Planning Group (UCPG) will host its Executive Committee Monthly Meeting in a hybrid format (in-person with Zoom option) on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, at 6 PM. The in-person location is at 9880 Campus Pointe Drive, Third Floor, Terra Nova Conference Room. The Zoom instructions for the online meeting are on page three (3) of the agenda and at the end of this post. This is a hybrid meeting with the UCPG board required to attend in-person but with the choice to participate in-person or by Zoom for presenters and members of the public. For more information about the UCPG, visit: https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
From UCPG Chair Chris Nielsen: I hope everyone has come through the recent rain all right. Next Tuesday, February 13, will be the February UCPG meeting at 6PM at our usual location at the Alexandria GradLabs building, located at 9880 Campus Point Drive, in the third floor Terra Nova conference room. For your convenience, the meeting will also be available on Zoom, enabling full participation.
- Agenda with Zoom info on page 3; download on Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16hvENt92Cmle2RWEV80eAeys-oYggo7t/view?usp=sharing
- January minutes will be available on Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ahFngcJNQp8yg9DAvPlHUNo1g8IjrdrY/view
We have the following items on this month’s agenda:
- Item 7: Candidate’s Forum: Candidates who have announced their candidacy for a UCPG board seat should prepare a two-minute Candidate’s Statement. This statement does not need to be delivered in person at the meeting. Use the Zoom meeting option if desired. Please submit your statement to Chris Nielsen by email after the meeting so it may be published in the University City News.
- Item 8: Resolution to request a 60-day comment period for the Draft Environmental Impact report that will accompany the release of the Revised University Community Plan when released by the city. Members of the community have said that the 45-day CEQA minimum comment period is too short given the volume of information to review. The UCPG will discuss and vote on the resolution.
- Item 9: The Pure Water construction group will give a project update.
- Item 10: As the Pure Water project completes construction on various streets in the University Community, there is an opportunity to restripe the bike lanes. Everett Hauser, program manager with the city Transportation Department, will present plans for lane restriping to enhance bicycle safety.
- Item 11: Bicycle safety along two street segments of Nobel Drive and Towne Centre Drive should be improved. Both will be restriped after these segments of the Pure Water project are complete. Jeff Dosick will describe the problem and some solutions. The UCPG will vote on whether to recommend this revision in a letter to the Traffic Department and our Councilmember.
- Item 12: San Diego has been discussing transit connections between downtown and the airport for some time. MTS has a plan to extend the Trolley from downtown to the airport. SANDAG has proposed an Automated People Mover. RideSD will present SANDAG’s Automated People Mover (APM) concept to connect Downtown with the airport: Compared to a downtown to airport Trolley, the APM will provide faster, more frequent, and more reliable trips between University City and the Airport as well as preserve the reliability of the Mid-Coast Trolley. It will also be more cost-effective than the Trolley and attract higher ridership. RideSD is asking for a letter of support from the UCPG for this concept. Alex Wong, RideSD, presenting. A copy of the presentation may be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ifceN049dkkwWeUL5sakZkkvLd2xaFny/view?usp=sharing
- Item 13: I will present a final list of candidates for UCPG board seats.
- Item 14: We are adjourned until March 12, 2024, 6 PM, at this same location.
In person voting for UCPO board seats will be available from 5-8 PM, March 12 at this location, 9880 Campus Pointe Drive, on the third-floor covered patio outside the Terra Nova conference room. Voting information will be posted on the University Community Planning Group agendas page on approximately 1 March 2024.
For more information about UCPG, visit: https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
To Use Zoom for this Hybrid Meeting:
Chris Nielsen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join the Feb 13 2024 UCPG Meeting
Time: Feb 13, 2024, 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83946720747?pwd=SVREUzFPV3UxMmpJZ3NnWDQ1WU43UT09
- Meeting ID: 839 4672 0747
- Passcode: 815446
To join by your phone, find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kiNx9nScv