Each year, the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department hosts its Annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program beginning the day after Christmas, December 26 until January 23. The program features 16 drop-off locations available to City residents only. Both green and flocked trees (fake snow) are accepted. No artificial trees and no tree stands, bags, netting, lights, ornaments, tinsel, and other tree decorations at drop-off locations. Please do not illegally dump any other items at the drop-off locations.
Drop-off Locations include:
- Carmel Valley – Carmel Valley Recreation Center, 3777 Townsgate Dr. (lower parking lot)
- Encanto – Cielo Drive at Woodman Street
- Golden Hill – Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2600 Golf Course Dr.
- La Jolla – Kate Sessions Memorial Park, corner of Mt. Soledad Road and Loring Street
- Logan Heights – Memorial Recreation Center, 2902 Marcy Ave.
- Miramar – The Greenery at the Miramar Landfill, 5180 Convoy St. (north of state Route 52)
- Mission Bay – Seaworld Drive at Pacific Highway
- Oak Park – Chollas Lake, 6350 College Grove Drive (in Gloria’s Mesa parking lot)
- Ocean Beach – Robb Field Recreation Center, 2525 Bacon St.
- Otay Mesa/Nestor – Montgomery Waller Community Park (lower parking lot on the southeast corner of
- Palm Avenue and Beyer Boulevard)
- Rancho Bernardo – Rancho Bernardo Recreation Center, 18448 W. Bernardo Dr.
- Rancho Penasquitos – Canyonside Recreation Center, 12350 Black Mountain Rd.
- San Diego State University – Parking Lot 17C off of Alvarado Rd.
- Scripps Ranch – Scripps Ranch Recreation Center, 11454 Blue Cypress Dr.
- Tierrasanta – De Portola Middle School, 11010 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
- University City – Swanson Pool, 3585 Governor Drive
For more information, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/environmental-services/recycling/events/christmas
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/