Please join UC Del Sol’s Girls Softball League on February 23 as they celebrate Opening Day 2019. The have a full day of fun and activities scheduled to kick off the 2019 Girls Softball Season. The top of the fun list will be an appearance by San Diego’s very own Famous Chicken. The Chicken will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and judge our team banner contest, plus be available for selfies and interaction with fans. And who knows what else?
Also appearing will be the Standley Middle School band, who will perform a few numbers, including the National Anthem. A jumping station, carnival- type games and a cookie design table will be set up for the little ones. The winner of the first annual T-Shirt design contest will also be announced, and those shirts will be available for sale. Oh, and softball.
The first games will begin at 9 AM at Standley Middle School fields, followed by the Opening Day ceremonies, which will begin at 11 AM. At that time, all of the UC Del Sol softball teams will parade onto the field holding their team banners. Then will be the marquee game of the day, which will include the ceremonial first pitch, and will occur around 12:15 PM.
Schedule for Opening Day – February 23rd at Standley Middle School, 6298 Radcliffe Drive, San Diego 92122
- 9 AM [along the northern border of field area] Kid Zone (carnival games, jumpy house, eye-black station, selfie station, cookie decoration station and magnet design stations) open
- 9 AM [Major Field] 12U Ryan vs 12U Scott
- 9 AM [Minor Field] 10U Perry vs 10U Jimmy
- 11 AM [Major Field] Opening Day ceremonies: Team Parade, Banner Contest, Standley Middle School Band, and the San Diego Chicken!
- 11:30 AM [Major Field] Baserunning races and hitting contest
- 12:15 PM [Major Field] 8U Tianna vs 8U Amber
- 12:15 PM [Minor Field] 6U Chris vs Clairemont
All events to close down around 2:00 PM
UC Del Sol’s Girls Softball League invites the entire University Community to join them. Come hungry and support girls’ athletics and UC Del Sol softball. For more information, visit https://www.ucdelsol.com/page/show/2090234-home
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/