University Community Planning Group (UCPG) meets on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, at 6 PM at the Alexandria Building, 10300 Campus Point Drive, 2nd Floor Conference Room, San Diego, CA 92121. This is the same building as the Green Acre Restaurant; meeting is in the 2nd floor meeting room above the restaurant. Ample free parking. There is a lobby space outside the meeting room; refreshments provided. All are welcome to arrive early for networking.
Please note that January is the month that UCPG constitutes the Election Subcommittee for the March UCPG election. The UCPG chair will announce which seats are up for election, and will discuss election procedures.
The January agenda includes (all times subject to change without notice):
6:00 1. Call the Meeting to Order: Chris Nielsen, Chair.
2. Pledge of Allegiance followed by a Moment of Silence.
3. Agenda: Call for additions/deletions: Adoption.
4. Approval of Minutes: November 12, 2019.
5. Announcements: Chair’s Report and CPC Report.
6:15 6. Presentations:
– Councilmember Barbara Bry – Justine Murray
– SANDAG – Terry Martin / Dave Smith, MCTC
– Membership Report – Anu Delouri / John Bassler
– Plan Update Subcommittee – Andy Wiese, Chair
– Planning Department – Katie Witherspoon
– MCAS Miramar – Kristin Camper
– Senator Toni Atkins – Miller Saltzman
– Assemblyman Todd Gloria – Mathew Gordon
– Congressman Scott Peters – Jessica Brown
– Supervisor Kristin Gaspar – Corinne Busta
– UCSD – Alyssa Helper
– Cell Tower – Roger Cavnaugh
7:15 7. Public Comment: Non-Agenda Items (3 minute limit).
7:30 8. Formation of the UCPG Election Subcommittee
Seats up for March election, election procedures, board and public
7:40 9. Information Item: Renewal of Energy Franchise Agreement in 2020.
Matthew Vasilakis, Climate Action Campaign, presenting.
8:15 10. Adjournment: Next Meeting is February 11, 2020.
The University Community is undergoing a Community Plan Update. The UCPG meeting features a public comment section during which community members can speak directly to the UCPG planning group volunteers about what they would like to see in the new community plan. This is a public meeting so please spread the word and bring a friend.
To view a PDF version of the UCPG meeting agenda, please visit https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas