The Costa Verde Revitalization Project proposal includes retail, hotel, and office space, with parking and pedestrian promenade. The project site is located on Genesee Avenue at Nobel Drive, on the northwest corner. More details are in the 518-page EIR. There’s a Project Description on pages 2 and 3 of the EIR. Concept images begin on page 90.
There are some major differences with the new proposal compared to the existing layout. The proposal is a partnership between two developers – Regency Centers (shopping centers) and Alexandria (research and development office space). The project proposal includes 400,000 square feet of office space in 3 R&D buildings, a 200 room hotel, as well as 178,000 square feet of retail space.
- Project Overview PDF : To view the February 2020 Costa Verde PowerPoint presentation to the UCPG as a PDF : Costa Verde UC Planning Group Presentation
- Project Overview FlipBook : To view the February 2020 Costa Verde PowerPoint presentation to the UCPG as a FlipBook, please click on the image below. Please note that there is a control bar below each page of the FlipBook that allows you to enlarge each page and/or view in full screen mode.
- NEW! Project Fact Sheet : Available as a PDF at Costa Verde Revitilization Project EIR Fact Sheet
- NEW! Project Fact Sheet : Available as a FlipBook at https://www.universitycitynews.org/3d-flip-book/costa-verde-revitalization-project-fact-sheet-04172020/
Notice of Remote Meeting Using Zoom on Thursday April 23, 2020, 6:00PM. This is NOT a full UCPG meeting. This is a Costa Verde Subcommittee meeting where the only topic on the agenda is the Costa Verde EIR. We will be discussing Traffic, Circulation, and Parking sections of the EIR.
- Agenda : The agenda with Zoom meeting details for the April 23, 2020 Costa Verde Subcommittee Meeting is available at https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- EIR : The Costa Verde EIR (Environmental Impact Report) and related information is available on the City’s website; search Costa Verde Revitalization at https://www.sandiego.gov/ceqa/draft
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/ucpg/