From Assemblymember Todd Gloria: Today (June 18, 2020), Governor Gavin Newsom and the State Department of Public Health issued new guidance requiring all Californians to wear face coverings when outside the home. Specifically, Californians must wearing face coverings while:
- Inside of, or in line to enter, any indoor public place;
- Riding, or waiting for, public transportation;
- Riding in a taxi or ride-share vehicle such as Uber or Lyft;
- At work and interacting with any member of the public;
- At work and working in any space visited by members of the public;
- At work and working in any space where food is prepared or distributed to others;
- Walking in common areas such as hallways, stairways, elevators, and parking facilities;
- Receiving healthcare services – i.e., while at hospitals, doctor and dentist offices, pharmacies, veterinary clinics, or blood banks;
- Outdoors when maintaining physical distancing from individuals who are not members of your household is not possible.
The guidance provides for a few exemptions, including:
- Children two years old or under;
- Individuals with medical conditions, mental health condition, or disability for whom wearing a face covering would obstruct breathing;
- Individuals who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- When seated at a restaurant and can maintain a distance of at least six-feet away from persons who are not members of your household;
- While walking, hiking, biking, or running and can maintain a distance of six-feet from others.
Learn more about this new public health guidance at www.covid19.ca.gov.
Please keep in mind: we are still in the midst of a pandemic. We all have to do our part. Wearing a face covering while in public helps to protect you as well as others from getting sick.
If you have any questions about this directive, or need assistance in obtaining a face covering, please contact my office at (619) 645-3090 or visit my website at https://a78.asmdc.org/
TODD GLORIA, Assemblymember, 78th District
State Department of Public Health Guidance for Face Coverings (6/18/2020): https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/Guidance-for-Face-Coverings_06-18-2020.pdf
For related posts from UCCA, please visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/community-health/