What are your thoughts, University City? The Redistricting Commission approved an updated map on October 29, 2021 in which University City is split between Districts 1 and 6 along Genesee Ave and Eastgate Mall. On November 4, 2021, the Commission will vote on a final preliminary map and the findings to submit to the City Clerk.
- Review the updated October 29 interactive map and submit comments at https://portal.sandiego-mapping.org/submission/p6246
Thursday, November 4, 2021, 5:30 PM, Redistricting Commission Special Meeting: The Redistricting Commission votes on preliminary map with written statement of findings and reasons for adoption including the criteria employed in the process and a full analysis and explanation of decisions. Once approved, submit to the City Clerk.
- Join the November 4, 5:30 PM Zoom meeting at https://sandiego.zoomgov.com/j/1617973886
- More info available at https://www.sandiego.gov/redistricting-commission
- From the San Diego Union Tribune: Volunteers redrawing San Diego’s City Council district boundaries approved a tentative map Friday (10/29/2021) that keeps UC San Diego connected to La Jolla but separates part of University City from both by dividing that neighborhood in half. The volunteer redistricting panel said residents should expect the final tentative map they are scheduled to adopt next Thursday (11/04/2021) to look mostly similar to the map the panel approved Friday (10/29/2021). “I don’t think it’s going to probably vary radically,” said Redistricting Commission Chairman Tom Hebrank, who is the chief author of the map approved Friday. Details at https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/story/2021-10-30/proposed-san-diego-council-boundary-map-chops-university-city-in-half-but-keeps-ucsd-tied-to-la-jolla
- For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/?s=redistricting