The blue fabric has been removed from the fencing and that’s good news! That means the SDUSD construction of a joint-use Aquatic Center, pavilion, walking path, and restored ball fields at Standley Middle School adjacent to Standley Park is nearing completion. As one project ends, another begins at Spreckels Elementary School.
From Karl Cranford, JK Computer Services (firstname.lastname@example.org): As a long time University City resident, it is always fun to fly the drone with a mission. Seeing what is behind the Blue Wall (blue fence) at Standley Park is fun, and I hope that community residents enjoy it as well.
The latest installment in the Behind the Blue Wall series was published on YouTube in January 2022 and features drone birds-eye views of both the nearly-competed Aquatic Center and the start of construction at Spreckels Elementary adjacent to Standley Park in University City, San Diego. To view, click the YouTube link below. More videos available on Karl’s YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/KarlCranny
- Planned joint-use improvements for Standley Middle School include a new joint-use pool Aquatic Center, outdoor pavilion, and running/walking path. Spreckels Elementary will experience a whole site modernization. For more information about the SDUSD project locally known as Imagine UC 2020, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/imagine-uc-2020-sdusd-school-facilities-project/
- For more information from San Diego Unified School District:
- Spreckels Elementary School: https://fpcprojects.sandi.net/Pages/Reports.aspx?SchoolName=9263
- Standley Middle School: https://fpcprojects.sandi.net/Pages/Reports.aspx?SchoolName=9325
- For more Parks & Recreation news, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/