Hello neighbor, I hope you are doing well. It’s raining and it’s the winter holiday season and all of us are pulled in so many different directions. I’m writing you today to wish you happy holidays and to ask you to add one more item to your to-do list to help ensure that University City remains more than just a neighborhood.
Don’t delay – please join UCCA today. If you’ve already joined for 2023, I thank you and ask that you share this information with your neighbors. Membership cards and a small thank you gift are scheduled to be mailed the first week of January.
- If you haven’t already joined UCCA for 2023, would you please join today? Please join UCCA for 2023 at: Join UCCA Today
- The University City News website and print newsletter are free to read but are not free to produce and print and maintain.
- Although UCCA is made up of volunteer board and committee members, we have expenses just like any other volunteer organization.
- This year, we were hit with a price increase for the University City Newsletter print newsletter. I’m sure you’ll agree that the University City News is a quality publication and the only hyper-local source of news in the University City area. Take a look at: 20+ Years of University City News
How does UCCA allocate the membership dues we receive from our members?
- Both UCCA membership dues and advertising revenue help to make the website and print University City News newsletter possible.
- In addition, membership dues support many events, projects, and activities (such as the December Holiday Celebration, the 4th of July UC Celebration, Summer Concerts, Oktoberfest, neighborhood watch, street median and utility box beautification) that make University City more than just a neighborhood.
- And, membership dues also help UCCA to support some of the fundraising efforts at our local public schools.
If you haven’t already joined UCCA for 2023, would you please join today? Please join UCCA for 2023 at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/join-ucca-today/
- PS: We plan to use the US Mail to send membership cards and a small thank you gift to our 2023 dues-paying members the first week of January 2023. Please join today so that we have time to process your membership payment.
- PPS: If you’ve already joined UCCA for 2023, we thank you for supporting UCCA and helping to ensure that University City remains more than just a neighborhood.
- PPPS: The Planning Group meets on Tuesday, December 13. Information at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/UCCA/UCPGTueDec132022
Here’s wishing you the happiest of holidays and a joyous new year.
– Diane Ahern, University City Community Association
- Voice Mail: 858-412-0786
- Email: UniversityCityNews@gmail.com
- News site: https://www.universitycitynews.org/