➡️ Please note: The University City News website and print newsletter are free to read but are not free to produce and print and maintain. UCCA membership dues and advertising revenue help to make both the website and print newsletter possible. Membership dues also support many events, projects, and activities (such as the December Holiday Celebration, the 4th of July UC Celebration, Summer Concerts, Oktoberfest, neighborhood watch, street median and utility box beautification) that make University City more than just a neighborhood.
➡️ Please join UCCA for 2023 at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/join-ucca-today/
🎄From San Diego ESD: The annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program begins the day after Christmas, December 6, through January 23, and features 17 drop-off locations available to City residents.
- Carmel Valley – Carmel Valley Recreation Center, 3777 Townsgate Drive (lower parking lot)
- Encanto – Cielo Drive at Woodman Street
- Golden Hill – Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2600 Golf Course Drive
- Logan Heights – Memorial Recreation Center, 2902 Marcy Ave.
- Miramar – Miramar Greenery Recycling at Miramar Landfill, 5180 Convoy St. (accepts trees throughout the year)
- Mission Bay – SeaWorld Drive at Pacific Highway
- Mountain View – Ocean View Boulevard at 40th Street (north side)
- Oak Park – Chollas Lake, 6350 College Grove Drive (Gloria Mesa parking lot)
- Ocean Beach – Robb Field Recreation Center, 2525 Bacon St.
- Otay Mesa/Nestor – Montgomery Waller Community Park (lower parking lot, southeast corner of Palm Avenue and Beyer Boulevard)
- Pacific Beach – Kate Sessions Memorial Park, corner of Mount Soledad Road and Loring Street
- Rancho Bernardo – Rancho Bernardo Recreation Center, 18448 West Bernardo Drive
- Rancho Penasquitos – Canyonside Recreation Center, 12350 Black Mountain Road
- San Diego State University – Parking lot 17 off Alvarado Road
- Scripps Ranch – Scripps Ranch Recreation Center, 11454 Blue Cypress Drive
- Tierrasanta – Tierrasanta Community Park, 11220 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. (pool parking lot)
- University City – Standley Community Park (parking lot), 3585 Governor Drive
🎄What kinds of trees are accepted for recycling?
Both green and flocked trees (fake snow) are accepted. All tree stands, bags, netting, lights, ornaments, tinsel and other tree decorations must be removed. No artificial trees accepted. Please do not illegally dump any other items at the drop-off locations.
🎄Where else can I recycle a Christmas tree?
- Visit wastefreesd.org to find locations throughout San Diego county
- Curbside collection (For residents with yard waste collection only)
- Manual container customers using their own bins should place trees on the curb for collection on your regular greenery recycling pickup day. Trees over four feet in length should be cut in half.
- Automated container customers using the large, green 96-gallon bin provided by the city should cut their trees to fit into the automated container for pickup on collection day.
🎄Christmas tree recycling fliers
- 49th Annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program Flyer – English
- 49th Annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program Flyer – Español
🎄For more information, visit Environmental Services Department: https://www.sandiego.gov/environmental-services/recycling/events/christmas