🆕🚧⚠️UCCA and the Pure Water Project Team co-hosted a Pure Water Construction Information Session via Zoom on Tuesday, January 31, at 6 PM. A link to the Zoom Recording and Passcode is available below. This recording will be available for 30 days. For more information, please refer to the February University City News.
The presenters were members of the Pure Water construction project team. The Information Session was devoted exclusively to Pure Water construction on Genesee, Nobel, Towne Center Drive, and Executive Drive from Appleton in Clairemont to the I-805 in University City.
The presentation included discussion and information about the construction and tunneling at Marian Bear Park and at Rose Canyon as well as tunneling at the I-805. There was also discussion of the traffic control plan for each of the three blocks on Genesee Av – Appleton to SR-52 in Clairemont; SR-52 to Governor in University City; and Governor to Nobel in University City.
- Topic: ZOOM – Pure Water University City
- Time: Tue, Jan 31, 2023 6 PM PM
- This meeting was recorded:
- Meeting Recording: ZOOM – Pure Water University City – Click here and enter Passcode
- Passcode: 5GTN.+oi
- Project Information: Morena Northern Pipelines and Tunnels project page.
- UCCA Pure Water: https://www.universitycitynews.org/UCCA/PureWaterFeb2023
From UCCA president Diane Ahern: It’s hard to believe that another year has come and gone and UCCA is entering it’s 21st year of supporting University City. At UCCA we’re looking forward to collaborating with friends and neighbors and our new City Councilmember Kent Lee. The Planning Department expects to complete the Community Plan Update in 2023. We’ve already had a preview of things to come with the Pure Water construction on Genesee in Clairemont; construction will start soon on Genesee in University City.
Yes, there’s a lot going on in University City. UCCA is here to help keep you informed through our websites, print newsletters, community outreach, and public meetings. Scroll down for the February 2023 Save the Date Short List.
But first, please support our local Community Association. This month, I urge you to join UCCA (if you haven’t already done so). Thank you if you have already joined or renewed for 2023. Do you enjoy reading the University City News? Then please Join UCCA Today!
While the newsletter and website are free to read, they are not free to publish and maintain. Your membership dues help to support the newsletter and many of the events and programs in University City that make University City more than just a neighborhood. Thanks for helping to keep University City more than just a neighborhood.
In other University City News – Upcoming Meetings, Events, and Hands-Only CPR/AED Training:
- University City News February PDF – Tuesday, January 31: will be available online at: universitycitynews.org/ucca-newsletter-archives/
- February University City News print copies – Friday, February 3: will available at University City libraries; home delivery begins
- UCCA Community Association – Wednesday, February 8, 6 PM:Our special guest will be Councilmember Kent Lee. When available, UCCA agenda and Zoom information will be posted at: https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/events/
- UCPG Planning Group – Tuesday, February 14, 6 PM: When available, the UCPG agenda and meeting information will be posted at: https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- Library Master Plan at Library on Governor – Thursday, February 16 at 4 PM: Your voice, your library! The San Diego Public Library wants to hear what you want for the future of your local library. What do you love? What would you change? What would you add? For more information, visit: https://sandiego.librarymarket.com/event/community-listening-session-library-master-plan-23
- CPUS Community Plan Update Subcommittee – Tuesday, February 21, 6 PM: When available, the CPUS agenda and meeting information will be posted at: https://www.planuniversity.org/meetings
- Project Heart Beat Hands Only CPR/AED Training at Library on Judicial – Thursday, February 23, 1 PM: San Diego Project Heart Beat is the City of San Diego’s Public Access Defibrillation/CPR Program managed by the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department. For more information, visit: https://sandiego.librarymarket.com/event/san-diego-project-heart-beat-hands-only-cpraed-training
February Schedules begin at our Libraries, Parks, and Pools:
- Libraries – University Community and North University libraries monthly program schedules. All programs are subject to change. Please contact library staff if you have any questions regarding an event.
- University Community Library on Governor: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/university-community-library
- North University Library on Judicial: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/north-university-community-library
- Pools and Parks and Recreation Centers program schedules.
- Doyle Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/doyle
- Nobel Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/nobel
- Standley Recreation Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers/recctr/standley
- Standley Aquatic Center: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/standley-aquatic-center
- Swanson Memorial Pool: https://www.sandiego.gov/pools/swanson-memorial-pool
Everything you need to know about Pure Water but are afraid to ask: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-utilities/sustainability/pure-water-sd/phase-1-projects/university-city-eastgate-mall/morena-northern-pipeline-alignment-and-tunnels
Have a great February. I hope to see you at the Tuesday, January 31, 6 PM Pure Water Information Session and at the Wednesday, February 8, 6 PM, UCCA Meeting.
– Diane Ahern, University City Community Association
Voice Mail: 858-412-0786