⏺️ Update! The Zoom recording of May 10, 2023 UCCA meeting is now available. Please refer to the agenda below. The Zoom recording includes the comments entered in the chat. Viewers may fast forward through the recording by adjusting the output speed using the control in the lower right corner of the viewing window.
The agenda is available for viewing and download at: UCCA May 10 2023 DRAFT agenda
- To view the recording and chat, copy the passcode:
- Then click on the Zoom Recording link below and enter the passcode to view the recording.
- Zoom Recording: Zoom Recording of the May 10 2023 UCCA Community Meeting
- Passcode: C33Uqn$g
From UCCA President Diane Ahern: UCCA meets via Zoom on Wednesday, May 10, at 6 p.m. This is a public meeting and all are welcome. For your security and the security of other online participants, please log into your Zoom account to check for updates before you join UCCA’s meeting. The Zoom information is available at the end of this post.
5:50 PM – Join meeting; test audio and video; Zoom info is at the end of this agenda.
6:01 PM – Call to order – Diane Ahern
6:02 PM – Approve Agenda – Vote
6:03 PM – President’s Announcements
• EdUCate!’s Taste of the Triangle – Friday, May 12; Ref: uceducate.org/taste-of-the-triangle/
• Meet and Greet with Supervisor Terra Lawson Remer – Monday, June 12, 6 PM, at Nobel Recreation Center
• Organic Recycling – Green Bin and Kitchen Pail distribution for Monday Trash Collection – June/July; Ref: sandiego.gov/environmental-services/recycling/sb1383
6:05 PM – Special Report – Pure Water construction update for Genesee, Nobel, Towne Centre, and Executive – Sarah Bowles and the Pure Water construction team; 25 minutes. For information about Pure Water University City, visit: https://www.sandiego.gov/public-utilities/sustainability/pure-water-sd/phase-1-projects/university-city-eastgate-mall
6:30 PM – Public Safety – limit 3 minutes each please
• SD Police Dept
• SD Fire Dept
6:35 – 6:55 PM – Special Reports – Planning, CPUS, Help Save US, EdUCate! – limit 5 minutes each please
• Chris Nielsen, UC Planning Group Chair
• Katie Rodolico, Community Plan Update rep
• Linda Beresford, Help Save UC
• Kendra Cole, EdUCate!
• Public Library events
6:55 PM – Legislative representatives – 3 minutes including Q&A
• Mayor Todd Gloria – Michaela Valk
• CM D6 Kent Lee – Dustin Nguyen
• US Representative Scott Peters – Rachel Dugan
• CA Senator D40 Brian Jones – Marc Schaefer
• CA Assemblymember D77 Tasha Boerner-Horvath – Suleyma Balderas
• County Supervisor D3 Terra Lawson-Remer –Evan Bridgham
• SDUSD School Board – Cody Petterson
• Open Forum – Community Announcements
7:20 PM Community Leaders / Open Forum / UCCA committee reports– 3 minutes including Q&A
• UCCA – approve minutes; Committee Reports
• UCCA – Old business’? New business?
7:30 PM – Adjourn
Next meeting – Wednesday, June 14, 6 PM via Zoom
UCCA meets via Zoom on Wednesday, May 10, at 6 p.m. This is a public meeting and all are welcome. For your security and the security of other online participants, please log into your Zoom account to check for updates before you join UCCA’s meeting.
Zoom: UCCA University City Community Association Monthly Meeting
Time: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 6 PM
Join Zoom Meeting: https://bit.ly/UCCA-May-2023
Meeting ID: 897 6403 9153