CONNECT2Careers (C2C) is hiring paid interns to work in 10-week opportunities with the City of San Diego.
Fall experiences will begin on Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
The application deadline is July 21, 2017. Apply at Connect to Careers at http://c2csd.org/sdinternship/
Information courtesy of Barbara Bry, City Council Member, District 1:
CONNECT2Careers (C2C) is hiring paid interns to work in 10-week opportunities with the City of San Diego. Fall experiences will begin on Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
- 16-24 years old
- San Diego city resident
- Not employed
- Not enrolled in school
Available to attend one of the following group interviews:
- Thursday August 3, 2017, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday August 8, 2017, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Available to work approximately 15 hours per week from September 2017 to December 2017
Able to attend all training workshops:
- Tuesday October 10, 2017, 4-6 p.m.
- Tuesday October 24, 2017, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday November 8, 2017, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Homework Program Assistant
- Library Apprentice
- Office Assistant
- Outreach Assistant
- Peer Advocate – Sex trafficking victims & at-risk youth
- Recreation Program Assistant
- Research Assistant
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) Program Assistant
- Welcoming New San Diegans
Interviews and matching process
- Potential interns will be contacted by C2C staff members for additional screening and must be able to provide documentation to verify program eligibility.
- You will be required to attend a group interview with the City of San Diego. C2C interns will be matched to positions according to area of interest and distance to work site based on information collected in the application and in the group interview.
For more information and to apply, visit Connect to Careers at http://c2csd.org/sdinternship/
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/district-1/