- Thursday, February 1 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 2 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 3 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Programs for Adults
- Adult Writers’ Group – Meet with other beginning writers in a supportive environment—share your writing, positively critique others’ work and hear from guest writers. Thursday, February 1 @ 1:30 – 3:30p.m.
- Zentangled Zendala – Want to learn how to relax while drawing? Zentangled is an easy art method that creates beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Monday, February 5 @ 12:30 – 2:00p.m.
- Classics Book Club will be discussing Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. Monday, February 5 @ 3:30 p.m.
- Concert: Louis Valenzula is a founding member and contributing composer for the Afrojazziacs, an Afro-Latin-Jazz-Punk-Funk band, nominated for Best World Music at the 2013 San Diego Music Awards. Wednesday, February 7 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Accordion Club meets the second and fourth Saturday of each month. Saturday, February 10 & 24 @ 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- OASIS: Bird Migration – For millennia, people have marveled at bird migration. Where are they going? Why? How do they know how to get there? In this illustrated exploration into bird behavior, Philip Pryde will discuss these questions and many more. Monday, February 12 @ 4:30 – 6:00p.m.
- University City Community Association (UCCA) – This is a community meeting featuring updates from law enforcement, fire-rescue service, legislative and other community leaders. All are welcome. Wednesday, February 14 @ 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Jewelry Making – take home something you made yourself! Make your own earrings and/or other pieces of jewelry with an experienced crafter. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Friday, February 16 @ 10:00 a.m. & Noon.
- Tidepools of Southern California with local author Dr. Linda Tway who will share her expertise and discuss the animal and plant life that can be found in the intertidal zone and the best places to visit. Monday, February 26 @ 1:00 p.m.
- UC Book Club will be discussing The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. Wednesday, February 28 @ 2:00 p.m.
Programs for Children
- Preschool Storytime for Kids; stories, crafts, finger plays and songs. Every Thursday @ 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Valentine’s heart-shaped book – with your child and create a few animal faces made of colorful hearts. They can be any color, cut then glued to make the cutest animals and memories. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Wednesday, February 14 @ 2:00 p.m.
Programs for Tweens/Teens
- Video Game Fridays, Wii gaming with your friends, Get your game on! Every Friday @ 3:00 p.m.
- Makerspace Craft Station is available in the Children’s Area with a different craft each week. All week long (Monday – Saturday).
- Girls Who Code Club. For 6th to 12th grade girls, explore coding in a fun and friendly way. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Tuesday, February 13, 20 &27 @ 3:45 – 4:45 p.m.
- LEGO Club – Have fun with other kids while you build different things. Come build anything you can imagine with LEGO. LEGO pieces will be provided. Wednesday, February 21 @ 2:00 p.m.
- ThoughtSTEM – We’re teaching K-2 students how to program! Using Scratch software, students will code their own interactive animated adventures and mini-games. Space is limited, please call (858)552-1655 to RSVP. Thursday, February 22 @ 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Courtesy of University Community Branch Library, 4155 Governor Drive, 858-552-1655, www.sandiego.gov/public-library; now open Saturdays from 9:30 AM to 6 PM!
To discover programming throughout the San Diego Public Library system, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/news-events
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/library/
Notes: Many thanks to the Friends of the Library for their generous sponsorship. You, too, can be a Friend; ask at the Check Out Desk. Please call the library to confirm any given program and holiday hours. Changes are rare, but may occur.