Update your calendar now! This year, all concerts are scheduled for Sunday evenings from 5 to 7 PM. The 2018 Concert Series consists of eight concerts featuring a variety of musical styles. The concert committee makes an effort to include many professional bands with local University City residents. All concerts are at Standley Park, 3585 Governor Drive, San Diego, 92122.
Update: Sully & the Blue Eyed Soul Band (originally scheduled for July 22) has cancelled. The Summer Concerts thanks UC local band Relative Minors and Friends (Classic Rock) with UC Resident Greg Zinser for returning to this year’s Summer Concerts.
- Sunday, July 8: Teaser – Arena Rock with UC resident Rick Kern
- Sunday, July 15: Rare Form – Alternative rock, new wave with UC resident Dan Pena
- Sunday, July 22: Relative Minors and Friends (Classic Rock) with UC Resident Greg Zinser
- Sunday, July 29: Rachel Aldous & The Long Road Home – Old time country, bluegrass, folk and western swing
- Sunday, August 5: Full Strength Funk Band with UC resident Pamela Gallo
- Sunday, August 12: Siers Brothers – Classic rock
- Sunday, August 19: Corvelles – Supremes Tribute (volunteer recognition night)
- Sunday, August 26: Forecast – A variety of Jazz styles with UC resident Greg Pardue
Thank you to Scripps Health https://www.scripps.org/ for their generous donation to sponsor the 2018 Summer Concerts.
Please note that concerts are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather.
Questions should directed to one of the following people:
- Andy Freeburn – Concert Committee chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Schindel – President, Standley Park Rec Council – email@example.com
- Greg Pardue – Concert Committee member – band liaison – firstname.lastname@example.org
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/
Please note: Standley Park is a fun and family friendly venue with playground and large grassy area. Bring a picnic dinner and lawn chairs or blanket to stretch out on the lawn while the kids enjoy the playground. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!