You get “Ratatouille”, a Summer Movie in the Park, on Saturday, June 29, at Marcy Park, 5504 Stresemann Street. The film’s title refers to a French dish, “Ratatouille”, which is served at the end of the film and is also a play on words about the species of the main character. The film stars the voices of Patton Oswalt as Remy, an anthropomorphic rat who is interested in cooking; Lou Romano as Linguini, a young garbage boy who befriends Remy; Ian Holm as Skinner, the head chef of Auguste Gusteau’s restaurant; Janeane Garofalo as Colette, a rôtisseur at Gusteau’s restaurant; Peter O’Toole as Anton Ego, a restaurant critic; Brian Dennehy as Django, Remy’s father and leader of his clan; Peter Sohn as Emile, Remy’s older brother; and Brad Garrett as Auguste Gusteau, a recently deceased chef. The plot follows Remy, who dreams of becoming a chef and tries to achieve his goal by forming an alliance with a Parisian restaurant’s garbage boy.
Summer Movies in the Park are planned this summer (2019) at University City area parks including Doyle, Marcy, Nobel, Standley, Villa La Jolla, and University Village. Summer Movies in the Park is a perfect chance for the whole family to relax with family and friends to enjoy a safe and special night under the stars. Movies start at dusk. Bring a blanket, chairs, and a picnic snack. Come early and get a good seat. The Summer Movies in the Park event series began in 2007 as a ‘take back our parks’ initiative, giving local residents a reason to visit their local county and city parks for a free and safe evening event.
- June 29, Saturday, Marcy Park, 5504 Stresemann Street: “Ratatouille”
- July 19, Friday, Villa La Jolla Park, 8321 Via Mallorca: “Greatest Showman”
- August 9, Friday, Nobel Park, 8810 Judicial Drive: “How to Train Your Dragon 3”
- August 10, Saturday, University Village Park, 7100 Florey Street: “Incredibles 2”
- August 16, Saturday, Doyle Park, 8175 Regents Rd: “Jungle Book”
- September 7, Saturday, Standley Park, 3585 Governor Drive: “Ralph Wrecks the Internet”
- October 4, Friday, Doyle Park, 8175 Regents Road: “Casper”
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/parks-recreation-dept/