The Standley Park Recreation Council SPRC 501(c)(3) continues to explore the opportunity to partner with Nobel and Doyle recreation councils to form one council for University City parks. All who have an interest in University City parks are invited to join the discussion at the next Council meeting, Thursday, July 25, at 6 PM at the Standley Recreation Center, 3585 Governor Drive. The Standley Recreation Advisory Group meets the same day at 7 PM. All are welcome to attend either or both meetings.
- Standley Park Recreation Council preliminary agenda at SP Recreation Council_Agenda_July 25 2019
- Standley Recreation Advisory Group (RAG) preliminary agenda at Standley Recreation Advisory Group (RAG) Agenda July 25 2019
In other Parks and Recreation news:
- Movies in the Park in University City https://www.universitycitynews.org/movies-in-the-park/
- Summer Concerts in Standley Park https://www.universitycitynews.org/summer-concerts-in-standley-park/
- Banana Split (Ice Cream Social) https://www.universitycitynews.org/2019/07/22/save-the-date-banana-split-2019-our-very-own-ice-cream-social-is-saturday-august-3/
The City of San Diego has 57 Recreation Centers, 13 Pools, 7 Skate Parks and many other recreational facilities that serve residents and visitors of all ages, abilities and income levels. University City has three Recreation Centers (Doyle, Nobel and Standley), one Pool (Swanson) and many neighborhood parks and athletic fields. For more information, contact the Recreation Centers; or visit the Parks and Recreation Center homepage at https://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/centers