You may have noticed new display banners on street poles throughout University City’s banner district today. That’s because UCCA is partnering with both EdUCate (to promote Oktoberfest) and with the Metropolitan Transit System (to promote Free Ride Day).
MTS and NCTD Free Ride Day (October 2) returns in 2019 to coincide with California Clean Air Day. All fixed route MTS buses and all three Trolley lines will be free-to-ride on October 2; Access services not included. NCTD (North County Transit District) services on BREEZE, COASTER, SPRINTER and FLEX will be free-to-ride that day also. More than 50,000 extra trips were taken on the first-ever regional Free Ride Day last year.
- For more information about MTS Free Ride Day, visit https://www.sdmts.com/free-ride-day
- For more information about NCTD Free Ride Day, visit https://gonctd.com/freerideday/
California Clean Air Day (October 2) was built on the idea that shared experiences unite people to action to improve community health. By joining together for a unified day of action we can create new habits to clear the air for all members of California’s diverse communities. On October 2, San Diegans can come together as a community to take action to clean up our air and reduce pollution from cars. California Clean Air Day is the perfect opportunity take public transit for the first time. California Clean Air Day is a project of the Coalition for Clean Air. For more information, visit https://cleanairday.org/
- For related posts from UCCA, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/transportation/
- For information about EdUCate’s Oktoberfest, visit https://www.uc-educate.org/events/oktoberfest/
- For more information about UCCA’s Street Banners program, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/university-city-street-banners/