Update: Air Show Days are Friday through Sunday. For more detailed information, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/2019/09/26/miramar-air-show-2019-will-it-be-quieter-than-usual-in-university-city/
University City residents and others who live and work in areas adjacent to MCAS Miramar airport will get a preview of this year’s Air Show on Thursday, September 26, as aerial performers go through their demonstration and practice routines. This year’s Miramar Air Show is dedicated to first responders. For decades, the Marine Corps has been “America’s 9-1-1 force” and that idea was built upon the deeds and service of countless men and women in our first responder communities. The 2019 Miramar Air Show gives the public and current service members an opportunity to recognize and honor the contributions and sacrifices of our first responders. The Air Show also provides visitors the opportunity to see Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Army and civilian aircraft spanning 70 years as well as to get a firsthand look at Marine Corps tactical equipment.
While the 2019 Air Show performance dates are Friday to Sunday, September 27-29, military and civilian aircraft are expected to be seen and heard in the skies above University City and surrounding areas from Wednesday, September 25 to Monday, September 30.
- Wednesday, September 25 – Aircraft arrival
- Thursday, September 26 – Air Show practice
- Friday– Sunday, September 27-29 – 2019 Miramar Air Show
- Monday, September 30 – Aircraft departure
- For more information regarding the 2019 MCAS Miramar Air Show please visit www.miramarairshow.com.
- For related posts from UCCA, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/miramar/
- For MCAS Miramar Operations and Contact Information, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/mcas-miramar-operations-information-and-contacts/
From MCAS Miramar Facebook:
From Defense Visual Information Distribution Service (DVIDS): Marine Corps Air Station Miramar invites guests to attend the 2019 MCAS Miramar Air Show from September 27 through September 29, as we give a Salute to first responders. U.S. Marine Corps video by Cpl. Preston Hightower, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar / 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing: