A: We don’t know … exactly … but we know there is a lot of aircraft activity. From Facebook @3rdMAW on January 15, 2020 – More than 25 aircraft are taking off daily as part of Winter Fury, an exercise designed to prepare pilots and air crews for the Marine Corps’ premier formal aviation school, Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course. 3rd MAW Marines honed their skills and increased their proficiency across the six functions of Marine Aviation, while simultaneously training with their Navy and Air Force counterparts.
- For current airfield and flight operations, including questions, noise complaints and other concerns about operations at MCAS Miramar, contact the Operations Duty Officer (ODO) by phone at the time of the incident at 858-307-4277.
- Follow MCAS Miramar on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MCASMiramarCA/
- Follow 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/3rdMAW/
- For other contact information and resources, please refer to https://www.universitycitynews
- Additional information about Operations Department is available on MCAS Miramar’s website at https://www.miramar.marines.mil/Departments/Operations/
West Coast Basing of F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter squadrons is expected at MCAS Miramar in 2020. Hanger construction and other preparations are well underway. The F35 will replace the F/A-18 Hornet at Miramar.
- To learn about F-35 squadrons at MCAS Miramar, access the Environmental Impact Statements at https://www.universitycitynews.org/final-environmental-impact-statement-eis-for-basing-f-35-squadrons-at-miramar-in-2020/
- The MCAS Miramar F-35C Noise Study February 2018 (Continuing Environmental Review Statement) is avilaable as a PDF for download on the MCAS Miramar website. Link is https://www.miramar-ems.marines.mil/Portals/60/Docs/MEMS/NEPA/Miramar%20F35C%20Noise%20and%20Air%20Quality%20Study_20%20FEB%202018.pdf?ver=2018-06-05-092639-500
For related posts from UCCA, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/miramar/