May 2020: The Costa Verde Revitalization Project proposal includes 400,000 square feet of office space in 3 R&D buildings, a 200 room hotel, as well as 178,000 square feet of retail space with parking and pedestrian areas. The project site is located on Genesee Avenue at Nobel Drive, on the northwest corner. There are some major differences with the new proposal compared to the existing layout. The proposal is a partnership between two developers – Regency Centers (shopping centers) and Alexandria (research and development office space). More details are available in the Fact Sheet, Overview, and in the 518-page EIR (links below).
- NEW! Project Fact Sheet : To view the Fact Sheet as a PDF at Costa Verde Revitilization Project EIR Fact Sheet
- NEW! Project Fact Sheet : To view the Fact Sheet as a FlipBook at https://www.universitycitynews.org/3d-flip-book/costa-verde-revitalization-project-fact-sheet-04172020/
- Project Overview PDF : To view the February 2020 Costa Verde PowerPoint presentation to the UCPG as a PDF : Costa Verde UC Planning Group Presentation
Notice of Remote Meeting Using Zoom : This is NOT a full UCPG meeting. This is a Costa Verde Subcommittee meeting where the only topic on the agenda is the Costa Verde EIR. We will be approving a final version of the EIR comment letter for the full UCPG.
- Agenda : The agenda with Zoom meeting details for the Tuesday, May 5, 2020 Costa Verde Subcommittee Meeting is available at https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- EIR : The Costa Verde EIR (Environmental Impact Report) and related information is available on the City’s website; search Costa Verde Revitalization at https://www.sandiego.gov/ceqa/draft
Notice of Public Comment : The Development Services Department seeks public comment; deadline
Monday, May 11, 2020 extended to May 26, 2020. The City of San Diego Development Services Department, as Lead Agency, has prepared a draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Costa Verde Revitalization, Project No. 477943 and is inviting public comment.
- US Mail : Submit written comments to E. Shearer-Nguyen, Environmental Analysis Section, City of San Diego Development Services Department, 1222 First Avenue, MS-501, San Diego, CA 92101. Reference the project name and number (Costa Verde Revitalization, Project No. 477943)
- Email : Submit email comments to DSDEAS@sandiego.gov. Include the project name and number (Costa Verde Revitalization, Project No. 477943) in the subject line.
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/ucpg/