From UCPG Chair Chris Nielsen: UCPG, the University Community Planning Group, will meet on Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at 6:00 PM, using Zoom Meeting video conferencing software. We have a limited number of presentations; public comment; information items for Podium 93 and the North UC Public Financing Amendment; and action items for the City’s new Parks Master Plan and City’s Complete Communities, Mobility and Housing proposal. This is a public meeting conducted via Zoom Meeting.
Agenda highlights below; the complete agenda with Zoom Meeting details for the Tuesday, June 9, 2020 UCPG Planning Group meeting is available at https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
- 5:45 PM Meeting available to join via Zoom.
- 6:00 PM Call the Meeting to Order: Chris Nielsen, Chair.
- 6:15 PM Presentations:
- SANDAG’s Gia Ballash, Councilmember Barbara Bry’s Justine Murray, Plan Update Subcommittee’s Andy Wiese, Chair, Planning Department’s Katie Witherspoon, Senator Toni Atkins’ Miller Saltzman, Assemblyman Todd Gloria’s Mathew Gordon, UCPG Membership’s Anu Delouri, and UCSD’s Alyssa Helper.
- 6:45 PM Public Comment:
- Non-Agenda Items (3-minute limit).
- 6:55 PM Information and Action Items:
- Information Item: Project 647676, ARE “Podium 93”, 9363, 9373, and 9393 Towne Center Drive. Community Plan Amendment, Site Development Permit, Rezone from RS-1-14 to EMX-2 (Mixed Use). 604,490 Sq. Ft. Process 5. Jon Ohlson, DGA, presenting.
- Information Item: North UC Public Financing Amendment for safety related items.
- Action Item: Discussion and approval of UCPG recommendations on the new Parks Master Plan (link below).
- Action Item: Discussion and approval of UCPG recommendations on Complete Communities, Mobility and Housing proposal.
- 8:40 PM Adjournment. Next Meeting is July 14, 2020.
The complete agenda with Zoom Meeting details for the Tuesday, June 9, 2020 UCPG Planning Group meeting is available at https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
Please note, UCCA Community Association meets Wednesday, June 10; agenda and meeting information at https://www.universitycitynews.org/2020/06/08/ucca-releases-zoom-meeting-notice-and-tentative-agenda-for-wednesday-june-10-2020-6-pm/
Zoom helpful hints from Chris Nielsen Zoom meeting host:
- Meeting participants will initially be admitted into the meeting “waiting room”. I will move participants from there to the meeting itself. Participants will be muted on entry, and will need to “raise their hands” to be recognized to speak. Thanks for your courtesy!
- Downloading the Zoom app to your device seems to give the best results. You may register for free and minimize the amount of follow-up email by choosing your email notification preferences.
- The Participants button is at the bottom center of the Zoom video screen. Use this button to get both a list of participants and to expose the “Raise Hands” feature at the bottom.
- Leave your device muted during the meeting; this helps keep extraneous background sounds from interfering with the meeting.
- I will enable the meeting about 5:45 PM. For those who have not used Zoom before in a formal meeting setting, I will be available to help you test your meeting connection.
- More about Zoom Meeting at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-video-tutorials