From City Planner Katie Witherspoon: You are invited to join the City of San Diego Planning Department for a meeting of the University Community Plan Update on Tuesday, June 21, 2020 from 6 to 7:30 PM.
- Agenda Summary for July 21, 2020
- 5:45 PM – Meeting Open to Join
- 6:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER / VIRTUAL ROLL CALL BY CHAIR – Andy Wiese, Chair
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May & June Meetings
- NON-AGENDA PUBLIC COMMENT: Two minutes per speaker (see instructions below* if you wish to make public comment.)
- 6:15 PM – Project Status
- 6:20 PM – University Community – Open Space
- 6:45 PM – University Community – Habitat
- 7:10 PM – University Community – Trails
*Non-Agenda Public Comment: Public comment will be taken during the meeting, or ahead of time via email submission. If you would like to submit a non-agenda public comment, please either email your comment to email@example.com before 2pm on Tuesday, July 21st, which will then be read aloud by the UCPUS Chair, or request to speak by raising your hand during the non-agenda public comment portion during the meeting. Please note that non-agenda public comment is at the beginning of the meeting just after approval of the minutes.
- Agenda: Preserving remaining Open Space in University City area. Download the PDF at https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/ucpus_final_agenda_7.21.2020.pdf
- Meeting materials, registration link, and the agenda (when available) will be posted at https://www.planuniversity.org/meetings
- Open Space: For more information about Open Space in the University City area, please refer to recent UCPG presentation by Andrew Wiese at https://www.universitycitynews.org/2020/07/15/ucpg-planning-group-votes-to-support-preservation-of-city-owned-open-space-parcels-in-university-community/
- Registration: You must register in advance if you wish to attend in any capacity, including viewing, listening, and speaking during non-agenda public comment. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fYXnG-7-Q-6mrJjHlUQT1Q
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the City of San Diego Planning Department is unable to host a physical meeting. Instead, pursuant to the Governor’s executive order N-25-20, this meeting of the UCPUS will be held via Zoom Webinar.
Editor’s note: This event will use Zoom Webinar. The Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar platforms offer similar features and functionality but have some key differences.
- Meetings are designed to be a collaborative event with all participants being able to screen share, turn on their video and audio, and see who else is in attendance.
- Webinars are designed to function as a virtual lecture hall or auditorium. Webinars are ideal for large audiences or events that are open to the public. Typically, webinar attendees do not interact with one another. The typical webinar has one or a few people speaking to an audience.
- Webinars are designed so that the host and designated panelists can share their video, audio and screen. Attendees join in listen-only mode. They have the ability to interact via Q&A, chat, and answering polling questions. Attendees must use raise hand function. Only the host and panelists can mute/unmute their own audio. The host can unmute one or more attendees.
- Webinars, with its more controlled settings, can provide more security for a public meeting.
For more information about the differences between Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar, please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005474943-Meeting-and-Webinar-Comparison