From Jaquez Harris, Preparedness Coordinator, American Red Cross Southern California Region: This year has brought an unprecedented fire season to California. Now, more than ever before, our communities need to be prepared for the different types of disasters. Your Southern California Preparedness team at the American Red Cross wants to ensure you and your loved ones are ready by helping you get more prepared.
We are hosting a series of free virtual preparedness presentations on Zoom open to the public. Below is a list of the presentations being offered as well as an attached flyer with the information. Please join us and also please send this information to anyone you feel might benefit from attending. The more people we reach, the better prepared we can be as a community. Space for these presentations is limited to the first 100 people.
- Friday, Nov. 13, 2020 12:00 – 1:00 PM: General Preparedness: Click here to join
- Friday, Nov. 20, 2020 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Home Fires Click here to join
- Friday, Dec. 4, 2020 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Wildfires Click here to join
- Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Floods and Landslides Click here to join
- Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Earthquakes Click here to join
View and download the Event PDF at Red Cross – 2020 – Lunch and Learn Preparedness Training
For more from the American Red Cross Southern California Region, visit https://www.redcross.org/local/california/southern-california.html
For more information about the University City Fire Safe Council, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/fire-safe-council-university-city/