From UCPG Planning Group Chair Chris Nielsen: The University Community Planning Group (UCPG) will meet Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 6 PM, using Zoom video conferencing technology. Here is a short description of the items we’ll be considering this month [all listed times are tentative and subject to change]:
- 7:00 PM – Item 7: A plan for UCPG Elections on March 9 will be presented and discussed. Candidates have until midnight February 9 to declare their candidacy for the UCPG board.
- 7:20 PM – Item 8: Two-minute candidate statements can be made by each board candidate.
- 7:45 PM – Item 9: Pure Water Project – This is an information item presented by the City on the status of the Pure Water Project. A copy of the presentation is available at Pure Water Phase 1 Update for UCPG – Feb 9 2021
- 8:15 PM – Item 10: Campus Point previously has been entitled for 1,901,913 sq. ft. of development intensity and has used 1,673,633 sq. ft. over the 84.8 acre site. We are being asked for a recommendation on a development project that would use the remaining 228,280 sq. ft. The project would amend the current Neighborhood Development Permit and involve an Easement Vacation. This is a Process 2, decision by City staff. Peter Damore, LPA Architects, will present on behalf of Alexandria Real Estate. A copy of their presentation is available at Campus Point Master Plan – UCPG – Feb 9 2021
- 8:45 PM – Item 11: Seritage (SEARS) Community Plan Amendment Initiation. The project is located on the eastern section of the UTC mall. Seritage describes the CPA initiation: “Seritage intends to re-develop its portion of the mall with a mix of office, residential and retail uses, consistent with the UCPU vision for the site. The rationale in submitting the initiation application at this juncture is to be able to pursue an independent entitlement process should the UCPU face significant delays moving forward. We don’t anticipate this will occur, but wanted to plan for this possibility.” The action will be a recommendation on this CPA initiation. The proposed CPA will next go before the Planning Commission. A copy of the presentation is available at Seritage (SEARS) _UCPG_Presentation Feb 9 2021
To join the meeting, drag-and drop this URL into your browser or follow the link:
- Meeting ID: 819 3001 4181
- Pass code: 568099
The formal/complete agenda with Zoom instructions and access to supporting documents is available on the City’s Planning Group website at https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/university/agendas
Please note: The City used to refer to the Pure Water project as toilet-to-tap. For more information, search on “toilet to tap” and “Pure Water” on the City’s website at https://www.sandiego.gov/
For related posts, visit https://www.universitycitynews.org/category/ucpg/