Thanks to the League of Women Voters of San Diego for hosting two District 6 City Council Candidate Forums this week. Both Tommy Hough and Kent Lee have planning backgrounds. Tommy Hough serves on the San Diego County Planning Commission representing County District 3. Kent Lee serves on the Mira Mesa / Sorrento Valley Planning Group. Jane Glasson has a special education background.
The Monday, April 25, D6 Candidate Forum had an environmental focus and was sponsored by San Diego 350 and the Center for Community Energy. The Tuesday, April 26, D6 Candidate Forum had a community focus and was sponsored by University City Community Association, Mira Mesa Town Council, and Sorrento Valley Town Council.
- Monday April 25, candidates discuss the environment and the SD County role in infill, urban sprawl, and regional transportation: https://youtu.be/eZ_93IPUifw
- Tuesday, April 26, candidates discuss local issues such as the delivery of public services, community input, city planning, and the role of city council: https://youtu.be/6UYqbf7gzyw
Thanks to the D6 candidates for participating: Jane Glasson, Tommy Hough, and Kent Lee. While both forums featured the same candidates, each contained unique questions and answers. In case you missed these informative forums, you can watch (and share) the recordings on the League of Women Voters YouTube channel.
- The primary election is Tuesday, June 7. Voting information is available at https://www.sdvote.com/content/rov/en/elections/election_information.html
- For more information and program offerings from the League of Women Voters, visit https://www.lwvsandiego.org/
- Please note that University City east of I-5 will vote in the District 6 June primary and November general elections. For more information about City Council redistricting, visit https://www.sandiego.gov/redistricting-commission